Thread: Teaching an Old Dog new tricks

Teaching an Old Dog new tricks

Since Field Marshal has taken us under his waterfowling wing sort of speak, we like to return the favor when we can. This post should be in a different area but we wanted to post where more people know who he is! Our area is saltwater fishing, so we had Field marshal and Franchi kid out today for some prawning. To make things simpler we talked in terms the newbies could understand.

Made sure to set a few floater decoys

We didn't have the heart to tell them that they didn't need to wear camo.

Franchi Kid was happy with his limit of 8, even got two banded prawns. Blue one from Alaska, black from California. Nobody tell them what the real limits are!

All in all a beautiful day on the water and 600+ prawns to boot. Sent them home with 16 and we kept the rest. Field Marshall wanted a tailgate picture at the end of the day but we didn't want to line them all up.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Teaching an Old Dog new tricks

Lol, very cool

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Haha good story..........I'm warning ya though you better bring your own shells when duck hunting with FM&FK as I used their handloads and couldn't kill a bird ........they limited out of course upon closer inspection my shells had very few pellets in them
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Great story and good on you for sharing your knowledge.

Did you show them how to ring the prawn's necks?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Thanks to the Hardies for a great day on the water!! Cheers Field Marshal and Franchi Kid.

hahaha didnt realize the islanders were responsible for teaching the americans to wear camo out salmon fishing.nice looking boat and a great day for using it.

Beautiful day out there we dropped a few pots ourselves, wasn't stellar but we had a great dinner last night. Probably would have done much better if we had remembered to camo up...Damn.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.