Thread: Non toxic shot?

Non toxic shot?

It has been a very long time since I have hunted ducks or geese, back when steel shot became mandatory for water foul is when I stopped hinting them. I have been thinking about doing some duck and geese hunting again. My problem is I don't want to go spend a bunch of cash on a new shotgun with choke tubes to shoot steel and bismuth is hard to find. Is their any other non toxic shot available that wont hurt my old LC Smith side by side with full chokes.
    I have a PHD is "Campfire BS". An avid hunter fisher man. Love shooting trap as much as shooting the bull. The more BS in my story the greater I am.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Non toxic shot?

yes tungsten matrix is a good sub but expensive how much hunting you expect to do ..

Re: Non toxic shot?

Kent TungstenMatrix is just the ticket for your application Sir! I second the recommendation for your application. There certainly are other, non steel alternatives as well such as Hevi - Shot Classic Doubles as well as shells loaded with bismuth.
    While these shells are certainly not cheap (especially not for the high-volume shooter), they offer much greater performance than "steel" shot. Yet dead is dead and steel has been around long enough to be deadly within its effective range (ie-very close).