Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Chime in with your opinions on best rain gear.

Re: Chime in with your opinions on best rain gear.

Pretty much any arcteryx pro shell is great. Have Kuiu Yukon too and it is nice since it is a soft shell. Not quite as waterproof as goretex once the DWR wears off. You need to regularly maintain these and goretex jackets.

Thanks I went there but they only had the jacket and not my size.

I ordered some core4elemnt off of camofire. Ill let youo guys know what it's like when it arrives.

for cheapness and packability you cant beat frog toggs i have been in some wicked rain storms always as dry as a bone underneath

bass pro sells em around the $30point for a complete set

Quote Originally Posted by jiggatyper View Post
    I have the chugach jacket and pants. Great rain gear but not meant to be worn all the time bushwacking. They are very packable and they mainly stay in my pack and only used during rain or if i need as windbreaker. They will keep you dry for sure but they are loud. If you want bombproof raingear i would suggest the Yukon line from Kuiu but they are heavier than the chugach and less packable
    I also have the Chugach NX rain gear from Kuiu it is always in my pack great gear but I've also been thinking of scoring the Yukon rain gear as well but do not want camo want OD green so I'm holding off for now.

I'm also looking at the Delta Green Simms rain gear looks pretty impressive but I would go Kuiu again if I have a choice.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

If open to non-camo solids, their are tons of options from non-hunting oriented outdoor companies who make high end gear and now is a good time to pick it up for cheap as winter season ends.

I suggest checking out Westcomb if you are looking at the more breathable eVent or Neoshell materials. Made in Vancouver and founded by some former Arcteryx guys who went on their own when Arc moved their manufacturing from Van to China. Well respected in the ski/mountaineering circles for making high quality gear.

WEstcomb Neoshell jackets are great.Bone dry and no sweating Love mine.
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess