Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mourning Dove

Re: Mourning Dove

Maybe they ARE ring neck doves and are sched C.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

So are we talking actual Mourning Doves here or Ringneck Doves. Mourning Doves ARE migratory game birds and there is only a season in Region 3,4 and 8 I believe. Ringneck Doves are the ones most commonly seen, and heard "Who...WhoWho...Who" in numbers around Vancouver Island and the LML. The reason for their sudden increase in numbers recently is they are the bird of choice to be released at weddings. They are an invasive species like pigeons and I believe Schedule C

MOURNING DOVE

RINGNECK DOVE
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Are the ring necks good eating? I imagine they would be just as good as mourning doves?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Just like Pigeons...(rats with feathers)... I see Asians trapping them all around the grain elevators..

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Are the ring necks good eating? I imagine they would be just as good as mourning doves?
    Yes they are, takes a few to make a meal but definitely good eating.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

AHH ok , Ringnecks they are ... still most are in no shooting rural zones that I have seen .

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok thanks for pointing that out, can’t believe how wrong I was and how right you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    I don't know why he always attacks me so vicously.

I'm fairly sure I've seen Morning Doves out towards Pitt Lake in the last five years. Ring Necks are a larger bird and I don't think that's what I saw. Have to get the binoculars out next time I see them.

My dad used to raise Ringnecks along with other wild game birds.(with a permit) Great eating fowl Clarke..
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Years ago I was log scaling in Douglas Channel and I noticed a Morning Dove which landed on the tidal flats not far from the dryland sort. I would have never thought they would be in that area of BC.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Colored Doves are a non native species invading B.C. Do a Google search for information.

Hunted morning doves around Kamloops years ago.Limit was 10.Opened Sept 1st or 10th I think. It was a vey short season.Very much like the Bandtailed Pigeon season on Vancouver Island and other areas.
    Last edited by SPEYMAN; 04-11-2014 at 08:37 PM.