Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mourning Dove

Re: Mourning Dove

They are awesome. My favourite recipe is bacon wrapped dove breasts stuffed with cheese and jalepenos

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    AHH ok , Ringnecks they are ... still most are in no shooting rural zones that I have seen .
    I highly doubt they are Ringed Neck Doves, more than likely Eurasian Collared Doves or Bandtails, the colour will tell ya which ones they are. K

I see a half dozen morning doves every morning on my way to work on the power lines at 184th and 0ave no shooting I'm thinking lol

a few days ago there was a dove in my backyard, and last grouse season there was one up behind mission. pure white. After reading the post that someone said there is an increase due to them being released at weddings etc, that makes sense.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

When I lived in Alabama I participated in an annual dove hunt. Lots of fun, and great table fare.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

A quick note to contribute -

Whilst the Migratory license is required, so called "non-toxic" shot requirements do not apply to Mourning Dove nor any Species listed under Schedule C. Therefore, feel free to get some Doves with your favourite Lead shot shells!

mm lead..
    better get my slingshot ready

I've got some living in my back yard. The little *******s never shut up. They're calling all day from dawn til dusk.
    I'm trying to figure out how to get rid of them. I'd shoot them if I was allowed.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.

They have earned the nickname of the "Dreaded Who Who". They are easy to trap with a bit of corn and a pigeon trap, work great for dog training.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

heard this really loud noise that went on for about a half hour last night. around 03:00 "whoooo whooo" followed by a really odd sound I would describe as a "squeaky hinge". Is that the sound of these birds?
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts