Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the best back pack you have owned

What is the best back pack you have owned

Some people say bad lands, some say eberlestock etc, what is the best bag you have owned? i have a badlands 2200 it does everything I need and more but i have heard few good things about eberlestock lately. Whats the best bag you have owned and why?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: What is the best back pack you have owned

Dana Designs Bomb pack hands down best pack I have ever owned more days on this pack than most people will hike and ski in there lifetime. For hunting Mystery Ranch Crew Cab on my second one first one got stolen its a bomb proof pack and can handle more weight than I can carry.

I have the 2200, and 4500 Badlands. Great packs. But since I bought my Icon 7200, the Badlands have been left hanging in the closet. Have been looking at the Kuiu Ultra but so happy with how the Icon packs and loads, that I am not sure I want a minimalist bag.

Mystery Ranch packs are unreal. They are a bit heavier than some other packs but the quality and strength of these bags can not be beat..
    "Gun control"...... is hitting what you aim at!!!!

For a heavy load internal frame, my Gregory "Denali" is hands down the best I've owned/tried.

For a heavy load external frame, I have heard nothing but good about Mystery Ranch, and it will be my next pack purchase.

My Mystery Ranch pack is amazingly comfortable and can carry a ton of weight.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

I really like my badlands OX, it's my first hunting pack so I don't have much to compare it to.

I've owned most and tried the rest, except a Barneys, and Kifaru has THE most comfortable, durable pack on the market.

I bought a KUIU Icon 6000 from mudbud recently and couldn't be happier. Now, I'm debating buying a KUIU Ultra, I have always thought Mystery Ranch and Eberelstock packs to be way too heavy. Used to have an Arcteryx Bora that was awesome but these Kuiu packs seems bomber and carry the weight very nice. And they are incredibly light.

I bit the bullet a couple years ago and bought a kifaru. Iv had close to 100lb loads in it a couple times, the pack handled it better then I did. I have to say tho, it sure fits nice and feels great. Iv never worn a MR but iv herd they'r top notch also. Kifaru customer service was about the best iv had also.