Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do???

Re: What would you do???

did he actually cut into the horn or did he cut the skull. either way something like that should never be done. He should get his money back and go somewhere else

he shoulda done a shoulder mount to begin with though, nice moose

He cut the antler off about an inch above the base. The thing is he has had work done before by this guy and it has been good. The taxidermist has had the antlers since Oct. and was told that the antlers were going to be displayed at the show in Feb. He did all the mess a couple of days before the show. Plain lazyness.

I did do my part though, I told everyone who even remotely looked at the antlers that the crappy work was done by the taxidermist in build # 4, booths such and such, the companies name is..... He is a big time taxidermist in Portland and had 4 booths for the show. He came over once to complain about me, but when he saw the antlers and the look on my face, he turned around and left. When he came and picked them up after the show, I told him that it was pathetic work and he should make it right. No comment, just left.

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Thumbs down Re: What would you do???

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce
    When he came and picked them up after the show, I told him that it was pathetic work and he should make it right. No comment, just left.
    I wouldn't let Him fix them..he already destroyed them...what could he possibly do to "fix" them

Really what can you do besides have him fix it and simply don't go back there afterwards, you can threaten him etc.. but thats not going to get you anywhere.
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Angry Re: What would you do???

TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE !! If he had the slightest idea (and apparently he did) of what he was doing. He was definitely cheating BIG TIME and deserves to be treated as such. STUFF HIM!!

Incredible!!!! I would fix it myself by the sounds of things. Anyone can do a better job then this guy.
    Todd

something liket hat happend to my cousin before.... his very first blakie was a monster.... he was gonna get a half mount done on it... but the taxidermist did something wrong when he was get the cape ready... and it caused the hair to fall out!..... he wasnt happy....and to top that off... the pics that he took didnt turn out:$......

just a note usually when there's hair slippage that starts by the initial handling in the field and doesnt become evident until the tanning process starts. if it is salted properly in field there is little chance of slippage. It's unfortunate when it happens but most taxidermists take every measure to prevent this when a hide comes in.

What in Christs name was he thinking?And why cut them off above the bur?Thats just so ******ed,I`d have beat the shit out of him in front of his booth.
    Scars Are like Tattoos but With Better Stories

I hung my Buffalo head off a wharf in the chuck, ckean as a whistle in three weeks