Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Outfitters in Resident Only Areas

Re: Outfitters in Resident Only Areas

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    I have sat at enough board meetings over the last while to tell you from my opinion that goat guy is if not our strongest resident hunter ally then in the top 5. he is a tireless young guy that is way too smart for his age and anyone that says he is full of bs. obviously does not know him and has a slanted idea of wildlife, and probably a guide outfitter. judging by the email string of the last 2 days this is going to be a huge topic for the bcwf and I hope the guide outfitters will rethink some of their greed....dale
    Sadly Dale there's far too many hunters in BC and likely other jurisdictions that take the attitude of "he'll take care of it" and thus do nothing. The turnout at the Sandman in Langley is a good example!

Even at my level of effort, sending a letter is better than doing nothing, Hell I've been know to copy, print and sign a better written note and mail it when needed. The pile on the desk is equal to the eyebrow raising!!

For those members that can't find the words to put on paper, do as I'm planning.

Go to the BCWF page, find the letter posted by the OP. Print
    Write a cover page stating who you are and your wanting to be added to the list of BC hunters objecting to the attached letter.

Lick and stick in the mail!! Done!!
    Last edited by Steeleco; 04-04-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

As a resident I'm done with guide greed. Lets start a petition and put pressure on the government. There's a lot more resident hunters then guides. We should have the power in numbers. So if a resident is required to apply for LEH then there's no way the guide should be able to have the tags. Simple there animals of BC and they belong to the resident of BC, so nobody should have the right to sell them, once resident requirements are filled guides should get some.

Quote Originally Posted by Doublelung View Post
    As a resident I'm done with guide greed. Lets start a petition and put pressure on the government. There's a lot more resident hunters then guides. We should have the power in numbers. So if a resident is required to apply for LEH then there's no way the guide should be able to have the tags. Simple there animals of BC and they belong to the resident of BC, so nobody should have the right to sell them, once resident requirements are filled guides should get some.
    Thats the way it is now.. Any LEH animal out there, first goes to FN.. Then residents and then GO quota's are made up after that. TAking away the guide outfitter will do nothing for our sport except give anti hunter more to feed off.. Carry on.

I'm UN-able to find a printable copy of that letter GG, any tips?
    Last edited by Steeleco; 04-04-2014 at 09:44 AM. Reason: OOPS
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by fowl language View Post
    I have sat at enough board meetings over the last while to tell you from my opinion that goat guy is if not our strongest resident hunter ally then in the top 5. he is a tireless young guy that is way too smart for his age and anyone that says he is full of bs. obviously does not know him and has a slanted idea of wildlife, and probably a guide outfitter. judging by the email string of the last 2 days this is going to be a huge topic for the bcwf and I hope the guide outfitters will rethink some of their greed....dale
    Hey Dale.....never met the man but I surely will buy the beer when I do,

Just from being a member of HBC I can tell you Goat Guy is nothing but an asset to HBC.ca, resident hunters in BC and mostly to outdoor conservation and sound wildlife management,
    I'm willing to bet he has single handedly taught more hunters in BC about sound wildlife management than anyone or anybook, as he patiently and in a well spoken manner provides accurate information time and time again to members on here, one example that comes to mind is the many Mule Deer threads about area 4 and of there decline.

I don't recall any guide outfitters on here doing anything of this nature.

WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post

Just from being a member of HBC I can tell you Goat Guy is nothing but an asset to HBC.ca, resident hunters in BC and mostly to outdoor conservation and sound wildlife management,
    I'm willing to bet he has single handedly taught more hunters in BC about sound wildlife management than anyone or anybook, as he patiently and in a well spoken manner provides accurate information time and time again to members on here, one example that comes to mind is the many Mule Deer threads about area 4 and of there decline.

WF
    Amen, WF!!

The time and energy that GG's donates is absolutely inspirational!

I'll make sure to buy him that beer for you(and me) next weekend!

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Sadly Dale there's far too many hunters in BC and likely other jurisdictions that take the attitude of "he'll take care of it" and thus do nothing. The turnout at the Sandman in Langley is a good example!

Even at my level of effort, sending a letter is better than doing nothing, Hell I've been know to copy, print and sign a better written note and mail it when needed. The pile on the desk is equal to the eyebrow raising!!

For those members that can't find the words to put on paper, do as I'm planning.

Go to the BCWF page, find the letter posted by the OP. Print
    Write a cover page stating who you are and your wanting to be added to the list of BC hunters objecting to the attached letter.

Lick and stick in the mail!! Done!!

I will agree there is a portion that just hopes someone else will deal with there problems

There is also another large group that has lost faith in BC's hunting organization and does not agree with the same goals. The BCWF is looked at by some as nothing more than a good old boys club pushing their agenda that they believe is best for all hunters even if it screws a portion. These hunters will not show up to meetings or show support because they have no interest in pushing there views in an organization that does not support them. Some are only members because it comes with a range membership or the insurance that comes with it to get special areas license or atv coverage.

It is what it is but the truth of the matter is there are not as many supporting members compared to what is shown on paper.

I know the die hard BCWF members won't like this but there is a large portion of hunters out their like I mentioned above. If there was more support you would have larger turn outs.

But you cannot expect everyone to agree or have the same goals. The truth of the mater is hunters are a very divided group

I do agree that those who have an issue with something should do their part to stand up in hopes to change things

[QUOTE=Weatherby Fan;1485013]Hey Dale.....never met the man but I surely will buy the beer when I do,

No.. all of GG's stats and numbers show that there isn't a problem with Muledeer pops in any region.. I've battled him on this before.. All muledeer herds are more healthy now than they ever have been with 20 bucks per 100 does all across the province.

Why would the outfitters come on these threads and offer experience and in field help with surveys.. They get stomped by him anytime they question or try to enlighten the all mighty stat man !!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

[QUOTE=Snowpatrol;1485026]
    Quote Originally Posted by Weatherby Fan View Post

No.. all of GG's stats and numbers show that there isn't a problem with Muledeer pops in any region.. I've battled him on this before.. All muledeer herds are more healthy now than they ever have been with 20 bucks per 100 does all across the province.

Why would the outfitters come on these threads and offer experience and in field help with surveys.. They get stomped by him anytime they question or try to enlighten the all mighty stat man !!
    I'm sorry to break it to you but I do read his posts and he has shared sub region numbers that were down and the reasoning why,and what has been needed to bring the buck doe ratios back inline or overall numbers of deer period, I don't recall him bashing anyone other than lack of funding for controlled burns to introduce more and better habitat for those animals.
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by Snowpatrol View Post
    "For example, if an outfitter was supposed to get 30% of the AAH for sheep in an area and that meant two rams annually I totally support that"

Oh so its now the sheep and not the mule deer that you have a problem with.. ??? Sounds like you just have a problem period with outfitters...

Not too keen on people getting handouts from a public resource that they haven't paid for and are not supposed to get according to policy or their allocation. Not a big fan of backdoor deals.

I don't see it as a hand out when they are paying a trespass fee to have access to private land in or out of their area.. Why don't you go offer the land owner $500-$800 to hunt a deer on his land.. ??

The rationalization about bobcats is interesting, but unfortunately not supported by science or any wildlife manager. They all think this is a joke

Well god damn it,.. Iy must not be true if it isn't supported by your science from a desk it must not be true... With 11,443 post on HBC it seems that all you do is post here and collect stats, that on some threads you say can't be accurate ,but on some you live by religiously by.. which side you want to pick ???

Worry about your share of wildlife and quit trying to take it from residents.

I'm not an outfitter.... I just get along with them... I know several of them that have taken money out of their pockets and have handed it to local trappers to help control wolf populations... What have you done lately except bitch about how bad they are ??

This issue is about back door deals between outfitters and some regional managers that are shrouded in secrecy. Can you expect residents to accept that?

Well I don't expect them too.. I also don't expect other outfitters to except it... If its one outfitter that GG has a problem with... he shouldn't be hating them all... Deal with the individual... not a blanket that all outfitters are bad. Many of them are resident hunters as well and not only want to sell a hunt, but want to participate in his or her own resident hunting practices as well.. .. I understand that you and GG are buds.. but I wouldn't be to quick to jump to his defence at any given moment.... there are 2 side to every story.. and we're not going to solve the problem that he has with ALL outfitters.
    There are a pile of great outfitters in BC - most of them are in fact. I still have a few friends who are outfitters, although they usually have a couple hard questions every once in a while due to rumours, and hunt with a retired outfitter just about every year. Admittedly, he is another old school outfitter who even to this day is the first guy to jump in his truck or donate his time and money when there's a sheep transplant, ER project or what have you. And he is also an individual who to this day is disgusted by the "head in to the regional managers office and ask for a handout" approach. So in that sense we're like-minded. Not keen on backdoor deals and handouts.

Unfortunately there are a few who are leaving a big black mark. These 70(1)b permits are another example of self-rationalization. The reaction on here alone demonstrates the intent and objective - it wasn't to operate in a transparent fashion and it wasn't for wildlife management. It was for money. The challenge is there's always people trying to make an extra buck around the margin, taking it from others instead of creating more wildlife. This is a major issue the good guys need to wrap their heads around as the lid to the cookie jar will slam shut one day or the jar will simply run out of cookies. There is a long list of one-offs and backdoor deals and it seems there are a few other skeletons that have become visible from this issue.

It's probably in the best interests of the good guys to straighten this out and separate the wheat from the chaff. Start working for wildlife instead of reaching into someone else's pocket whether that be residents or neighbouring outfitters.

None of this would ever have been an issue if people took their allocation and hunted in their area.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela