Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shotgun

Re: New Shotgun

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunjohn View Post
    Beretta. It just looks better than the Benelli.
    Matter of choice and fit, go shoulder all the good ones, Beretta, Benelli, SX3, Browning etc. Stay clear of Remington they aren't the gun they used to be and their customer service is TERRIBLE
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Never had a problem with my Versamax, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by quaint bucket View Post
    Never had a problem with my Versamax, bud.
    You are lucky, I know 3 guys who sold brand new guns because they were in for warrantee more than in the blind with an average of 4-5 Mos. turn around time. If yours works for you great, but the overall picture is not near as rosy. One of my hunting partners went through 3 replacements before switching to Xtrema II and SuperX and we are talking very experienced shooters who know how to look after their equipment.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 03-25-2014 at 02:04 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Heard some good things with the versamax. But how many cases of shells you put through it during duck season is the real question.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Heard some good things with the versamax. But how many cases of shells you put through it during duck season is the real question.
    To be fair these guys are serious shooters and shoot A LOT, and only 1 of the 3 was a Versamax, HOWEVER the customer service/warrantee is still a huge issue no matter what model. Versamax is the new 'saviour' of the Remington shotgun lineup, ask my opinion in 5 years when they are 'tested' if they hold up well and Remington steps up their customer service I may change my opinion.
    "BORN TO HUNT"

If you got the money to blow,
    Benelli is the way to go.

I'm just throwing this out there for poetic value.
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

Check out the new Beretta A400 its in your budget and a beautiful shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    To be fair these guys are serious shooters and shoot A LOT, and only 1 of the 3 was a Versamax, HOWEVER the customer service/warrantee is still a huge issue no matter what model. Versamax is the new 'saviour' of the Remington shotgun lineup, ask my opinion in 5 years when they are 'tested' if they hold up well and Remington steps up their customer service I may change my opinion.
    It's been around for 3+ years now.

Remington CS in the US is awesome apparently. We're being handled by a third party taking care of Remington in Canada. They are not as good.

I don't baby my Versamax and it's still kicking. I'm not sure what kind of problems your buddies are having, can you maybe expand?

Quote Originally Posted by quaint bucket View Post
    It's been around for 3+ years now.

Remington CS in the US is awesome apparently. We're being handled by a third party taking care of Remington in Canada. They are not as good.

I don't baby my Versamax and it's still kicking. I'm not sure what kind of problems your buddies are having, can you maybe expand?
    Yah NP, mostly cycling problems and not with just one ammo brand either, Unfortunately we are in Canada when it comes to CS and we get it in the butt. The fastest turn around time was 4 mos. the slowest over 6 and at one time they(Remington) said that my partners gun was 'lost' he finally got some action when he told them he was reporting it to the RCMP as lost or stolen while out of his care. 3 days latter they 'found' it but it was 2 more mos. before he got it back. One of my other buddies sent his SBE in for a similar cycling problem the turnaround was 3 weeks in the middle of the season, another has a slide problem with his Nova, they had the parts to him in 5 days. So either a lot less of the Benelli/Beretta line need warrantee or they do a lot better job with the customer service. Sorry I used to love my Mod. 58, but with the track record of the newer guns and the service or lack there of Remington has a lot of proving to do to get my trust back. And like Adam said it depends on how many cases of shells a person shoots in a year some carry their shells out of the store in a bag some on 2 wheel hand dollies, lol.
    "BORN TO HUNT"

Unfortunately Remington has gone to hell in a hand cart over the past few years, however I believe they are taking steps to rectify their production and customer service muck. Here is hoping they will return to their former leval of quality.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!