Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Shotgun

Re: New Shotgun

Remington Versamax.

beretta xtrema 2. unreal gun and doesnt jam if you get mild debris in the chamber

I would have to say the gun that fits you best would be the first consideration, and then make. In terms of brands that work well I would agree with what others have said around Beretta and Benelli and Browning etc. For $2K you should have the pick of the litter. I have been using Beretta's for the last 20+ years and they have not let me down from Boundary Bay salt marshes to Saskatchewan goose fields they just keep chucking shells. As well I would suggest getting a 3.5" gun as it is always better to have the option than not. Good luck.

Okay fit is important, yes for sure. Are any of the models mentioned particularly good at recoil reduction. Any that have known problems with ejection or excellent quality features to be considered?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

what's wrong with your desert storm special...lol...I hunt all my ducks with my 30 year old Citori Field gun.

all the models mentioned so far will piss off your partner with constantly ejecting hulls in their face LOL, thats why I always hustle up for the left side of the blind. The extrema II and the newer berettas have kickoff option available and gas operators tend to have less recoil than recoil operators, I have no beretta experience so i cant attest to the kickoff system, benelli has the new comforttech stock which seems to work well on my M2 but ive only shot target loads so far and thats comparing to an 870. im pretty sure all have pretty good quality track records and they had better for the premium being paid for them.

Another option to check out for a high quality but more affordable price point is the franchi affinity, ive shot a buddies and it pointed extremely comfortably.

Beretta's kickoff feature is pretty cool, definitely soaked up the re-coil well.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxton Gundogs View Post
    If you want the best go with a Beretta Love my XII and my X A300, I really like my SX2 as well and the new SX3s are every bit as nice with a couple of added features. We do A LOT of waterfowling and they have never let me down. Get a 3 1/2 inch, A lot of folks will tell you you don't NEED it BUT you don't have to use it however it's there if you want it, you can shoot all the 2 3/4 loads you want out of a 3 1/2 gun but a 2 3/4 wont shoot 3 1/2s worth a crap
    What he said!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Beretta. It just looks better than the Benelli.
    Feras consumere nati