Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

Re: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

its good the government recognized the threat they pose before it becomes a big problem. they destroy crops in texas north of $400 million annually, not to mention all the surrounding states that are also infested

and the sooner we put feral horses on the list the better...mule deer are getting eatin out of house and home on the winter range here...

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo 7MM View Post
    There is good pig hunting here on the island, just check out the bars.
    Yep. There is a plaque in the Wheatie pub that say;

" Welcome to Cedar, where you don't lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn"

If there is Feral Pig's around these parts, anyone wonder how in hell they eat in the winter time? There's a bit of snow up Hyas way, about 4 feet or so, a pig's about 2 and a half feet tall, I don't think they can climb tree's, so eating pine needles all winters out, there's not any green grass up here for a good 4 or 5 month's, so, unless they can build Igloo's and shop at the Super Store for Veggie's in the 30 below temp's we get up here for a few weeks every winter, there's no Feral Pigs around here! Has anyone on this site seen a Feral Pig for real??? If so, was it close to a Farm or Ranch? If there is a Feral Pig in B.C. it'd have to live where there's food for it to eat year round, no? A Pig's not made to survive in our winters, anyone I know who has Pig's year round have heaters in there Pig houses. My buddy who lives just below me wintered 2 Pig's, I can see them from my front window, I watched them all winter, and the only time they came out of that Pig house in the cold weather was to eat and crap! There maybe Pig's running around close to our southern border where the winters aren't so bad, but I think a man would look long and hard to find one any farther North! I really wish there was wild Piggies around here, they make real good Pork Chops and Bacon!!!

I saw one last year on the way home from a hunt. We stopped to look at it. It looked like a regular pink pig but was running loose. Would this be okay to shoot?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I saw one last year on the way home from a hunt. We stopped to look at it. It looked like a regular pink pig but was running loose. Would this be okay to shoot?
    Yes it would be.

Quote Originally Posted by finaddict View Post
    Yep. There is a plaque in the Wheatie pub that say;

" Welcome to Cedar, where you don't lose your girlfriend, you just lose your turn"

I'm gona have to go visit that Pub in Cedar, and get in line early.

It looked like a regular pink pig but was running loose. Would this be okay to shoot?
    Is there a time limit for the 'feral' label ?

Wonder if this whole issue is over domestic pinks that have escaped or Eurasian Wild Pigs that have been released ?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

ferel pigs

A buddy just texted me and said he heard on the radio that we have some wild pigs in the lower mainland. Ive never seen any in my journeys has anyone else?

Re: ferel pigs

Never down there,,,,,but I seen 3 up here,,,not sure if they where feral or not,,,,possibly just got outa pen
    Aim small,,miss small