Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

Re: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

Well, after hours and pain staking hours researching Pig's and weather they can survive in real cold temp's, I stand to be corrected! Pig's can live in cold conditions, what in hell they'd eat is still a mystery to me, but they can make it through a cold, northern B.C. winter! Seems I was misguided by basing all my "Piggy" info on Fred Ziffel's Pig, Arnold from the series "Green Acres"! Arnold lived in the house,he only went outside to take a crap! So it's not all my fault!!! Pig's can live in cold temperatures!!! There, I said it again! A lot of the blame here can be directed towards Eddie and Eva, mainly Eva, I was young, kept trying to look up her dress instead of taking notes on how Arnold coped with the chilly night air!!! So, again, I was wrong about Piggies and how well they can survive the cold!

According to http://wildboarcanada.ca/#sthash.z9Q0Yczw.dpbs there was a kill reported just south of Castlegar about 13 minutes ago
    Taking devil's advocacy just a little too far?

For what it's worth, I raised pigs for a few years a while back. Used to trade for beef, chickens, fish etc. At that time, a number of my bowhunting buddies would head over to Alberta to hunt wild pigs. What I learned from that, is that the best eating pig is one that keeps his nose in the apple slop, corn and cantelope, and isn't running around worried about survival. Those pigs the boys arrowed, tasted like $hit.

Quote Originally Posted by BCKyle View Post
    BAHAHA! Ok I think someone's poking a bit of fun with that one... if you zoom way in the Vernon one was sighted right next to the Rythmic Gymnastics Club...
    Plausible . A friend back in the 80's lived between there and the Lodge City Disco , and had an outside access to his basement bedroom. He used it for the 2 a.m. beauties that he was too embarrassed to bring in the front door , which was frequent. ) RIP Dale
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Yaaaawwwnnnn,everybody has a story but no pictures??

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    What no story or pics from you Bob Loblaw?

No, I have a buddy who saw a picture, from someone who heard from someones cousin that they saw one and will I will post the pictures once he emails them to me.

Hey, I seen 5 Pig's up here last year! Yes, Five!!! I got two with my Ruger Mini 14, first one, no problem, waited until he started to feed, gave it a pop just above the eyes, didn't even scream! Second one, well you had to be there! Was just squeezing the trigger, I was leaning over the fence, rifle in one hand, cane in the other, when I pulled the trigger the dam thing lifted his head up just a bit, bullet didn't hit the brain, and all hell broke lose! My buddy was going to jump on it with his Pig Stabber, I told him get back, and I fired again, and we had two Pig's down!!! We got five that day, but the other ones just fell down dead, not much of a story there! We plan on Hunting them again this fall, but this year were planning on shooting about ten!!! I'll get some pictures of our "Spot and Stock Pig Hunt" this fall!!!

I had a pic sent to me a couple yrs ago with some houndsmen and a dead european wild boar in the Christina Lk area. Pic is loooong gone.....of course.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    I had a pic sent to me a couple yrs ago with some houndsmen and a dead european wild boar in the Christina Lk area. Pic is loooong gone.....of course.

SSS
    x2. Saw our first ones turkey hunting in Christina Lake about 3-4 years ago. Seems like sightings are becoming common occurrence around there now.
    What you do for yourself dies with you. What you do for others lives long after you're gone.

T.R.