Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

Re: B.C. hunters given the okay to shoot feral pigs anywhere

I saw one on march 29, 2014 in chilliwack just off the chilliwack lk road up chipmunk creek. It was directly across from the new chipmunk creek bc rec staging area. I hadn't been up there in a few years so three of us went up there for a drive. It was on an old side road and when we saw it we drove in after it not knowing what it was exactly and it ran around a pile of brush. When we came around the pile it took off through the bush towards the main road and we lost it. It was pure black and about the size of a coyote with skinny legs and I couldnt see a tail. So when I got home I googled feral pig and its was exactly what I saw. Shitty I didnt have time to get a pic as we were to excited just seeing wildlife out there. Anyway thats my story and I now believe they do exist!

Go to www.wildboarcanada.ca and mark the location of your sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWalker View Post
    He said she said blah blah blah
    there are no wild pigs it's a fairy tale
    everybodies cousins neighbor shot one but there isn't one pic!
    No phantom pigs on trail cams!

Its BS!!
    Hey, Bob Loblaw the pigs are everywhere, you have to open your eyes, open your mind, and you will see bacon for miles and miles and miles..........

I love all the rednecks losing their shit about the pigs being a myth.

Why are isolated populations of escaped pigs so implausible? The things go full on razorback mode in like 2-3 generations and breed like rabbits.

They're made schedule C so you can pop some rounds in to them if you see one and have the opportunity to kill it. Its not as if they're declaring some kind of common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliver2780 View Post
    Go to www.wildboarcanada.ca and mark the location of your sighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by bc-toy View Post
    I saw one on march 29, 2014 in chilliwack just off the chilliwack lk road up chipmunk creek. It was directly across from the new chipmunk creek bc rec staging area. I hadn't been up there in a few years so three of us went up there for a drive. It was on an old side road and when we saw it we drove in after it not knowing what it was exactly and it ran around a pile of brush. When we came around the pile it took off through the bush towards the main road and we lost it. It was pure black and about the size of a coyote with skinny legs and I couldnt see a tail. So when I got home I googled feral pig and its was exactly what I saw. Shitty I didnt have time to get a pic as we were to excited just seeing wildlife out there. Anyway thats my story and I now believe they do exist!
    That's worth a drive for me, I'm just up the road.