Thread: Crown public land maps

Crown public land maps

First post opening joke:

How do you know someone is a vegan?
    Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Hey, does anyone know where I can find maps of crown public land throughout BC or which dataBC layers to add in iMapBC?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Crown public land maps

cool, havnt heard of imapBC. I use my backroads mapbook. ill be playing with IMap all day now, thanks
    “The probability of success is difficult to estimate; but if we never search the chance of success is zero.”

McKinley in fort at John print off a book for the peace region. You can also get the book from corlanes.

If you want easy access to 1 to 20k topo, go to "habitat wizard" and turn on the topo layer. As you zoom in it will find the detailed topo. This is the only place I know of to get the 1 to 20 k. Lots of other digital maps are versions of 1 to 50 k.

in i map there should be a Land Ownership layer, then it may be called Integrated Cadastre, it will show private as yellow, surveyed crown as pink and unknown. If you cannot find that, search around there is a Google Earth layer that has all the same I map data on it, so you can show private on google earth.

xpeier

http://www.data.gov.bc.ca/dbc/geogra...?WT.svl=TopNav

Go to this site and click on the google earth icon for 'Land Ownership and Status' (once open click on 'Integrated Cadastral Fabric'). You can view the data in google earth which is always nice. There are all sorts of layers and other data on this site as well that can be viewed in google earth.

Awesome, thank you!