Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help needed removing skunks - Kamloops area.

Help needed removing skunks - Kamloops area.

I was contacted by someone who has skunks that are getting into his duck pen and wants the skunks gone.

He is, unfortunately, in an area where they cannot be shot and I don't have the equipment for this but if anyone would like to help the guy out, send me a PM and I'll forward his email address on.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Help needed removing skunks - Kamloops area.

I would suggest him spreading/scattering moth balls all around the perimeter of his pen. Always worked for me around out buildings.

Were is he located

Jeez, you must have being a fly on my wall last evening, my Buddy came up, they own the Ranch down the road from here, and boy do they have a skunk problem! The best way we figgered out was to shoot them, but you guys can't do that, next best thing is a Live Trap, they will stink in the trap, but if it's small enough they won't spray because there tails down, and from what we'd heard, they can't spray that way? Then, take the trap out where you can either let the skunk go, or shoot it in the head, and make sure it's a brain shot! Moth balls work, so doe's Ammonia, either pour it all around the pen, or use a sprayer. And, I think the most important thing with getting rid of Skunks is let someone else do it! Don't go near the Duck place people, avoid there phone calls, and if possible, leave town when there planning on trapping them!!! If worse comes to worse, Move, far away from those people, you won't be sorry!

I think lovemywinchester is in this line of business? I could be way off base but I seem to recall he was in pest control?

If they know where the skunk is getting in and out, hang an oil soaked rag over the opening. Skunks are very clean like cats and they HATE the taste of oil when they try to clean it off their fur. They will change postal codes in a hurry!

Had two in a crawl space once.My exwife didn't like how i got rid of them. Note the term "exwife"

I have heard (and have tried once....) that if you live trap them and then get a cloth over the trap you can submerge and drown them and they won't stink.

We have tried this one time and it was 100% successful that time.... but more field data is needed.
    Get out of the Truck, Off of the trail, and Onto the tracks...

Quote Originally Posted by mudduck View Post
    Had two in a crawl space once.My exwife didn't like how i got rid of them. Note the term "exwife"
    I suppose you're the guy that as the story goes forced his wife to crawl into the hole and would not pull her out until she had them in hand.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Actually, there is a simple solution. Re-locate the ducks. No snacks; no sense staying.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"