Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Highlands

Re: The Highlands

Very cool!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    My wife and I were in Glasgow for 5 days. Was our first holiday since our honeymoon 20 years ago.
    What a great way to spend a holiday.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Awesome pics. Thanks for posting. I am from Glasgow.

och, I can hear the skirl of the pipes! Beauty photos.

Was born in in Glasgow and moved to Canada as a kid. Was back there three years ago and just loved it!

Cheers.
    Drinking rum before 10 a.m. does not mean you are an alcoholic, it means you are a pirate.

I spent a month in Scotland in 1992, I came of legal drinking age there, and learned to LOVE Scottish pubs...I have pictures like this, and tons of pics of the red deer mugging me for biscuits..tame as domestic goats ...But all the pictures are in old school format...pre digital age..I will see if I can photograph some photographs tonight..

I have a lot of family in Scotland still, so plenty of places to stay for free, which is great because it is not the cheapest place to travel. I have an uncle who is 100 this year, and he raises bees on the heather...
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

Nice photos Steve,,i would love to go visit my heritage country.
    Midnight toker

Lots of nice pics there, not a whole lot different than our mountains??? Any cool goat like critters up in them hills?
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

My wife won an all expenses trip for 2 to Glasgow, so we never found the city expensive at all. I have to say Glasgow was an amazing city. Good mixture of very old, old, kinda old and modern. We were staying in the more modern part of Glasgow. For a big city, I found the people incredibly friendly and everyone we talked to were more than willing to point two small town Canadians in the right direction. We also met numerous Canadians. They all were pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. I would never have thought that Canadians have a special look to them, but we do. We had a couple days booked with a Scotland tour company and we did a couple days on our own. We made a special trip to a small town to see my wife's family heritage in the remains of Castle Dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Lots of nice pics there, not a whole lot different than our mountains??? Any cool goat like critters up in them hills?
    No goats, just a ton of sheep. They do have a struggling herd of reindeer in the Highland, but we didn't see any. I did see 1 roe deer but it was while we were driving so no photo op. Was hoping to get a pic of Nessie but she stayed out of sight the day we were there. Would have loved to had more time to actually explore those mountains. I just know there were a bunch of sheds there just waiting to be picked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    I spent a month in Scotland in 1992, I came of legal drinking age there, and learned to LOVE Scottish pubs...I have pictures like this, and tons of pics of the red deer mugging me for biscuits..tame as domestic goats ...But all the pictures are in old school format...pre digital age..I will see if I can photograph some photographs tonight..

I have a lot of family in Scotland still, so plenty of places to stay for free, which is great because it is not the cheapest place to travel. I have an uncle who is 100 this year, and he raises bees on the heather...
    They still like the biscuits! The tour guide had the one stag in the pics named and feeds him biscuits every day. The thing was super friendly and never had shown any aggression until I showed up. He had his ears back, nose flared, eyes giving me that evil stare and came at me with his antlers. Freaked the tour guide right out. I, on the other hand, was laughing my ass off.