Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: what are your thoughts Eva Shockey "Hardcore Hunter"

Re: what are your thoughts Eva Shockey "Hardcore Hunter"

I think she does a lot of good to promote hunting within the female demographic and yuppies, hunting exposure on facebook, etc....as for everything else, who cares? darksith summed it up nicely....sure, she was born into privilege and that obviously made it easy for her to get into the business, but who wouldn't take advantage of that? I'd gladly accept the sponsorship cheques if my old man was a hunting celebrity, good on her

just like mariko izumi, using the family name to get her own show, good on her

I don't see why whether a woman wears make up or not has anything to do with her hunting ability. I don't when I hunt, but if I'm feeling insecure it's like magic war paint, suddenly I'm braver and people are nicer to me.

I suppose that if I had a camera in my face, for millions of judgey people to see, I'd wear it too.

I have no idea if she is a good hunter or not, don't have TV, never watched a show, never hunted with her. But she is a positive person in her Facebook feed, and promotes hunting. How is that a problem?

I wish I had the kind of money and influence in order to travel the world hunting...it would be awesome!
    "Life is too important to be taken seriously." Oscar Wilde

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

“I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.”―Oscar Wilde

I don't know how long shockey has been on TV, and I haven't been watching him for more than a couple years, but it sure would of been nice to see, and would be nice to see more shows with the hosts kids in tow at a young age.

*edit* all shows except long range pursuit...drives me nuts watching a 15y.o. taking a 600yd shot
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

From the big picture perspective this is a good thing. Have run into her a couple times. She's well-spoken, articulate and definitely someone all the up and coming 'huntresses' look up to.

Much more concerned with people who are detrimental to hunting and conservation than those who promote it.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    ...just like mariko izumi, using the family name to get her own show, good on her

Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by digginsweatinswearin View Post
    The whole thing is one big clown show, her and her old man both.
    Do you want to elaborate on that??

Seems to me Shockey's hunting shows are among the best on TV. If you don't like them, I guess you must hate all the other shows...

Quote Originally Posted by smeegle View Post
    I have recently followed the younger shockey on several social media feeds and I was curious to know what you thought of her in terms of a hunter? She claims to "live to hunt" (While totally decked out in pink and camo under armour or mossy oak). I am not sure my version of hunting and hers are the same just curious as to peoples impression of her in terms of hunter (I know she is easy on the eyes).
    This is funny.

I wasn't aware one's ability to hunt or enjoyment of hunting was tied to the colour of their clothes.

I guess I should tell my wife...............
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    ... but it sure would of been nice to see, and would be nice to see more shows with the hosts kids in tow at a young age.
    I have been considering starting a youtube series like this with my daughter (or daughters). I think there needs to be a lot more of that type of public exposure to hunting and a lot less of the "shootin' hogs from helicopters" stuff. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    Last edited by hare_assassin; 03-13-2014 at 11:00 AM.

She's in the hunting entertainment business, is well spoken and promotes women getting into hunting. I am trying to see the issue here? I really don't care how or where she hunts, as long as she is out there hunting, it's great.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Of course she's all about the paycheque but whatever. She gets to travel, see the world, meet thousands of people albeit all on her dads success and shirt tail but what parent wouldn't encourage their son/daugher to do that. Would his son be the producer he is (he creates and produces all the professional series shows) if his dad wasnt a famous hunter ? Probably not.
    After being in the buis that long, obviously they are good at marketing and look how many guys 18-88 would be entertained by a half decent looking mid 20's huntress ?
    Lots, even just for a glance at a picture. Its smart on their part.
    His wife does the vocal sponsorships for all the shows in the background.
    It's a very successful family unit, I think that's pretty cool.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny