Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: re. give your head a shake co's

Re: re. give your head a shake co's

What I did learn through all of this is if you took a boater safety course prior to April 99', ie: Power Squadron etc. you are not required to have the small boater card as long as you have a card showing what you took. As a side note, the other guy that got pinched for not having his boat registration paper produced it and his charge was dropped also. I think we were dealing with an over zealous CO that was a little too eager to write tickets, but that's just my opinion. K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    What I did learn through all of this is if you took a boater safety course prior to April 99', ie: Power Squadron etc. you are not required to have the small boater card as long as you have a card showing what you took. As a side note, the other guy that got pinched for not having his boat registration paper produced it and his charge was dropped also. I think we were dealing with an over zealous CO that was a little too eager to write tickets, but that's just my opinion. K
    Probably should be brought to the head COs attention by both of you though Kelly, if he is writing tickets only to have the charges dropped or dismissed he is not doing any service to the outdoor community OR the CO service. JMO
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I'll have to watch over my shoulder next time I'm out on a pond in my Argo. I'd have to mortgage the house to pay all the fines I'd be getting.

jim, just to set the record straight, it is a 350 t0n ticket. this allows me to run a bc ferry but apparently not a 14 ft. duck punt. I have put the officer in question notice of this and told him to be prepared to see me in court. I have not seen him since ,unfortunately....dale

I have a certificate of competency that supersede an SVOP. The idea of having to get the SVOP to run my own pleasure boat to go personnel fishing, duck hunting, wouldn't surprise me. We are dealing with Transport Canada Marine. That said a "vessel" is a "vessel" and laws do apply that we all have to follow. If you only use the boat one day of the year, or every day of the year, the rules still apply if you are sailing. Some rules seem out of line but this is what we have to have if we want to fish, hunt, float....easier to follow the rules than fight them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by pescado View Post
    I have a certificate of competency that supersede an SVOP. The idea of having to get the SVOP to run my own pleasure boat to go personnel fishing, duck hunting, wouldn't surprise me. We are dealing with Transport Canada Marine. That said a "vessel" is a "vessel" and laws do apply that we all have to follow. If you only use the boat one day of the year, or every day of the year, the rules still apply if you are sailing. Some rules seem out of line but this is what we have to have if we want to fish, hunt, float....easier to follow the rules than fight them IMO.

Very well put.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by BRvalley View Post
    only exception is rental boats, provided the renter did the checklist with you, the checklist apparently proves you are competent lol
    This proves its nothing more than a cash grab,,,you cant rent a car without a drivers license, or borrow a gun without a POL/PAL, so why can you rent a boat without a license...hhhmmm cash grab

Quote Originally Posted by pescado View Post
    Your right Pescado I have a home trade master UNLIMITED had to get an operators card ,but, if you bring in your masters certificate they will "give" you one Dale hows that eh ,for free no exam wow what a great world lol

Good to know we can do that Dutch. I will drop by to get my SVOP. I wonder if we will ever receive our hard copies from Transport Canada or if we will have to live on our temporary SVOP certificates. Last time I was in to renew my masters certificate it took over two years to get the hard copy. Things don't move too fast at TC as you know. Lol.

The more I read the more I realize I was out of line jumping on folks for having been fined and offer an apology to those folks. I guess I am a little naïve, my first thought was if you got fined you must have deserved it, but hearing some of the stories ... , I have to admit I was wrong. Sorry guys, instead of focusing on the pictures and successful hunt my halo slipped down over my eyes and I missed the real story.