Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: re. give your head a shake co's

Re: re. give your head a shake co's

lol ok,,, maybe i was toooo general for some people.......

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    I think that it was somewhat educational, I bet there are lots on here that never knew duck punts needed all that safety equipment.
    Mildly educational. Mostly combative.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by huntcoop View Post
    12' inflatable with an electric?
    if it floats and has any type of motor, need the card

only exception is rental boats, provided the renter did the checklist with you, the checklist apparently proves you are competent lol

if it floats, i requires safety equipment, if it has a motor, you need an operators certificate, and if the motor is 10 hp or over, it needs to be licenced or registered.

to the guy that posted about the dragger, if can operate the dragger, the same permits allow him to operate anything smaller, maybe he didn't have it with him??

Thanks for explaining why the other thread was closed, it was not my intention to bash the CO's, those who know me know that I support law enforcement.

The truth hurts sometimes. And sheeple can't handle it
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by NitwiT View Post
    if it floats, i requires safety equipment, if it has a motor, you need an operators certificate, and if the motor is 10 hp or over, it needs to be licenced or registered.

to the guy that posted about the dragger, if can operate the dragger, the same permits allow him to operate anything smaller, maybe he didn't have it with him??

Thanks for explaining why the other thread was closed, it was not my intention to bash the CO's, those who know me know that I support law enforcement.
    Apparently not true, I personally have a friend who hold (I believe a) 500T Masters Ticket and he is not legally allowed to operate a duck punt and has been cautioned about it by the authorities.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

interesting... something to look into. I would assume to that get to his 500T Masters Ticket he took the normal stepping stones of SVOP, 50T, etc.? or did he get one of those grandfathered things.

Mark

he went to court for the ticket, he did win in a way.... they grandfathered him his Tin boat ticket and did not fine him. But told him h ehad to have the ticket with him next time.

Quote Originally Posted by NitwiT View Post
    interesting... something to look into. I would assume to that get to his 500T Masters Ticket he took the normal stepping stones of SVOP, 50T, etc.? or did he get one of those grandfathered things.

Mark

I tryed googling it to be correct in my info but couldnt find it....
    When the pleasure craft ticket first came out it was not brought out in the same department as these REAL tickets.... in order to get yout "Tonnage" tickets you need sea time in different positions on the vessel,, you earn the right to take the test. You would have thought that the government would have put the Tin boat ticket as the bottom rung but they did not, it was a seporate thing. Hence the ferry captain would not be legal to run a 16' fiberglass unless he had his pleasurecraft liscense.....

in my google search i may have found that they got that all figured out now and the tin boat ticket may fall below a 60 ton.... i dunno..... i have my Small craft masters,,, real long time ago .... been a while since i needed anything like that..