Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Give your head a shake CO's

Re: Give your head a shake CO's

Quote Originally Posted by goatdancer View Post
    Did they see you operating the boat? If not, it is a BS ticket. You should contact the head of the COs in Victoria and lodge a complaint. Towing a boat down the road does not require an operator card. That CO needs to brush up on the law.
    No he did not, that's probably why he resinded the ticket yesterday! Update: the owner of the punt that I heard got nailed for no K numbers actually had the numbers on his punt but never had the paper registration with him. K

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    I love all the comments about just having your kit in there. You ever owned or hunted out of most punts? Basically a canoe with an outboard.

Id love to see some most guys who are all so high and mighty have every single little thing in the boat and even have room for it.
    This whole thread is awesome. All the tits complaining about having your kit and thinking that was the issue. Not so.

We have our kit tucked under the stern with the gas tank. Not once did I mention kit in my first posts but all you guys just jump to your conclusions and start blabbing.

Thanks for for all the excellent advice guy, I'm really starting to see the light.............
    So you have everything you need and didn't get a fine but are complaining on behalf of those that did get fines ... in one post you say you can barely fit everything required in a boat and another post you say your kit is tucked under the bow. What was the point of this thread again?

I had to re-read the original post, I think Crazy_Farmer was annoyed at the CO's finally getting out and doing their job, but then spent the whole time enforcing the Shipping Act, as opposed to enforcing the Wildlife Act, which is what he feels they should have been doing. From there it went weird, with the usual HBC assumptions and assinine opinions.

As to the original post, I agree, let Transport Canada enforce the Shipping Act, DFO enforce fishing, and CO's enforce the Wildlife Act. Kind of like how it was supposed to be..

Mark

At first just to say how dumb and petty it was. Maybe the coast guard should do that. And don't blab about lack of funding and enforcement bs. COs are conservation officers. To me that's not small watercraft petty crap.

But now I rather enjoy seeing who I can add to my ignore list. If you don't get it, I won't even bother my time
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Thanks nitwit. You may have a funny name but you sure get it. Maybe others should change their names to yours...
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

At first just to say how dumb and petty it was. Maybe the coast guard should do that. And don't blab about lack of funding and enforcement bs. COs are conservation officers. To me that's not small watercraft petty crap.

But now I rather enjoy seeing who I can add to my ignore list. If you don't get it, I won't even bother my time

Guess I will be on the ignore list

So you are complaining because the CO's were out in the field enforcing all of the acts and regs they are empowered with?

Shame, shame, how dare they?
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by NitwiT View Post
    I had to re-read the original post, I think Crazy_Farmer was annoyed at the CO's finally getting out and doing their job, but then spent the whole time enforcing the Shipping Act, as opposed to enforcing the Wildlife Act, which is what he feels they should have been doing. From there it went weird, with the usual HBC assumptions and assinine opinions.

As to the original post, I agree, let Transport Canada enforce the Shipping Act, DFO enforce fishing, and CO's enforce the Wildlife Act. Kind of like how it was supposed to be..

Mark
    and when you become Premier, you will have the ability to force the change,

Til then.......
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

You're a superstar!!

Quote Originally Posted by nedarb2 View Post
    Going to get a ticket for trailering a motorcycle with out a bike licence?
    What about driivng around with your atv in the back of a truck - going to get ticketed for driving on the road with an atv not insured for on-road use? same logic applies
    Not just an insurance fine but if you were stopped by F350's CO you would get fined for not wearing a helmet too.
    Last edited by Glenny; 03-12-2014 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Guess I will be on the ignore list

So you are complaining because the CO's were out in the field enforcing all of the acts and regs they are empowered with?

Shame, shame, how dare they?
    I was going to assume you are trolling, but then I took the bait, since some people always seem to need a little more explanation then others. What is the point of a SPECIALIZED enforcement arm, RCMP has the power and ability to enforce ALL acts, however, as some HBCers love to point, lack the training and knowledge in many of the various acts. So they created water cops, to focus on fishing, they created forest cops, to focus on game hunting, they created water safety cops, to focus on safe boating... I really don't want to go on.... but.... they created railway cops, that focus on railway activities, they created... well pretty much if there is an Act, there is a specific arm to enforce it. Whats the point of having so many different arms, they you expect them to all enforce everything?

On a side note, lets say that you are out Brant hunting.. I've heard that the action is fast and furious, the one time it happens that day. Now let's say someone came along to enforce all of the regulations and acts that they can, no idea why they would, but there you go. Do you have the capacity to guesstimate at how bloody long that would take? These guys went hunting, let them hunt, make sure they hunt legally, and save the rest for another day. I do understand boating safety is huge, but still... there has to be a boundary