Thread: Lower Mainland late season GEESE!

Lower Mainland late season GEESE!

Does anyone have any reports on geese hunting in the lower mainland in the last week or so?

Thinking of getting out possibly this weekend, and I was just wondering if it was worth it this time of year?

THANKS!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Lower Mainland late season GEESE!

Snow screwed us this last weekend - have heard - first snow - (weekend before last) blew many flocks South!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"It is astonishing how much room there is in the air around a duck!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!- Rudyard Kipling

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers to do incredibly stupid things- AH (1941)- Harry Reid (aka Smeagle) 2012

This is where I come from (click)

Took down 5 two weekends ago just pass shooting at the farm. Went out this past saturday and saw 1 flock on a mission flying high. No calling them down.

We saw 6 flocks on friday, and a number of pairs in the sky. Get out the deeks and giver

Snow was good for us... last sat in the snow we took 3, and yesterday (sun) we took 7 in snow all day. Flocks were plenty but pretty wary, big flocks were an issue, the odd group would break off and want to decoy but eventually be persuaded to re join the flock and keep bookin it. Sunday had us hittin birds that were low while flying by to check things out. Nothing committed to decoy and the two flocks that did land in the field landed on the other side. Still good though. I always find the last days of the season to be good... unfortunately due to work Im gonna miss out on any further hunting this season..... Oh well turkey and bears are just around the corner

Awesome thanks for the heads up, gonna give it a shot this weekend!

regularly I head out to the islands just by ladner for waterfowl mainly duck. Any pointers on any public land that may be productive?