Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Prosperity mine axed

Re: Prosperity mine axed

The mine will go through. Maybe not now, but eventually one day it will. The world only has so much copper, gold, moly, ect. As resources are used, prices will climb. The world population is not shrinking. Consumer electronics are not a fad. There will be constant development to drive sales up needing ore and minerals. I guarantee you the mine will go through some day. Hopefully when that day arrives our FN issues will be a little better. At this point I am prepared to say that I believe our FN issues are spiraling out of control. The entire reservation systems dependence on social funds is not sustainable. It's a rotten deal for everyone involved. Have patience folks, and hope, that some day someone will sort out these issues.

FN's are the sole cause of the mine not going forth ! very sad for the people that NEED the paychecks that the mine would produce them - Those people don't get the FREE FED GOVERMENT TAX PAYER hand outs every month ! JMO RJ

I hope Taseko would win that lawsuit if it indeed becomes a lawsuit. Maybe governments would think twice about shooting down the mines. People have families and mortgages and need to have good paying jobs. What would society look like in Canada if there were no good paying jobs......anarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleShot View Post
    "The Faro mine is one of Canada’s largest and most costly environmental liabilities facing Canadian taxpayers.

It’s estimated there will be ongoing monitoring and care and maintenance requirements for at least the next 500 years. SAD would be an understatement."

It was Faro where I witnessed hundreds of 45 gallon drums bulldozed into a hole along with all sorts of other garbage.
    Update Dec. 25, 2016.
    http://news.nationalpost.com/news/ov...een-remediated
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffed View Post
    What would society look like in Canada if there were no good paying jobs......anarchy.
    Communism more likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Who says it will eventually go ahead? Have you heard of Windy Craggy in the last say twenty years? Great deposit and even bigger mineralized area turned into a park just to be sure it was dead.

Quote Originally Posted by SingleShot View Post
    "The Faro mine is one of Canada’s largest and most costly environmental liabilities facing Canadian taxpayers.

It’s estimated there will be ongoing monitoring and care and maintenance requirements for at least the next 500 years. SAD would be an understatement."

It was Faro where I witnessed hundreds of 45 gallon drums bulldozed into a hole along with all sorts of other garbage.
    And you didn't report that why?? Oh yah you were making good money...

Quote Originally Posted by dracb View Post
    Who says it will eventually go ahead? Have you heard of Windy Craggy in the last say twenty years? Great deposit and even bigger mineralized area turned into a park just to be sure it was dead.
    Had forgot about Windy Craggy, so looked it up. Largest discovered Copper deposit in the world. Good article as needed to be reminded of Mikey Harcourt the Ndp did to our resource industries.

https://www.biv.com/article/2014/12/...s-lost-decade/

What have the protective initiatives for Fish Lake brought up by the FN to prevent the Prosperity from going through achieved. Anyone been out there lately, last time I was up there (2006) it looked like Sanford and sons backyard with all the burnt up trucks and garbage spewed all over.

Quote Originally Posted by Linksman313 View Post
    What have the protective initiatives for Fish Lake brought up by the FN to prevent the Prosperity from going through achieved. Anyone been out there lately, last time I was up there (2006) it looked like Sanford and sons backyard with all the burnt up trucks and garbage spewed all over.
    its all cleaned up now....they dumped it in fish lake