Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Checkmate Bows

Re: Checkmate Bows

I have a few checkmate bows or should I say markmate. I enjoy them and yes they were like pulling teeth to get I had to spray my own limbs on one back in the day in abby If you can get one go for it

I still keep calling Marc every day for our bows. He doesn't answer. We agreed on a trade for custom knives and bows. He received the knives Jan 15. He told me how much he likes them and how he has used them. When I was able to talk to him he told me the bows were going on the bus and they would be delivered within a few days, nothing happened. He stated 3 times they would be on the bus. No bows yet! My wife and I are extremely disappointed with Marc. My wife was hoping to have her bow for the Traditional Bowhunters of British Columbia shoot coming up in May but it is looking bleak. Again we are very disappointed. I do not recommend ordering a bow from Marc but if you can find a used one they are good shooting bow.
    Today is the first day of the rest of your life, so there is no better time to make changes than now.

My 46# Chekmate Firebird is for sale in Quesnel if anyone is interested. Great shape and no issues whatsoever. Comes with Quikee quiver. 400.oo

sad to know mark has dropped ball but glad I got to know him his bow,s are sweet.The bow I find shooting the most now is my Goshawk made by Bob Zang in Fraser lake better fit and finish than marks

Hi All , just saw two brand new Chek-Mate bows that were the nicest i`ve seen Marc make . They were absolutly stunning, quiet, and fast Raven and Stamp river that have carbon plys in them . Very impressed!
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

I'd send him a registered letter to express your feelings and current expectations (which would include a demand for immediate phone call at the least...)
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Hi Hermy , all has ended well with the delivery of those two stunning bows and a good frank discussion .
    Cheers
    REMEMBER -- Keep Your Fingertab on --

Group Memberships.

Traditional Bowhunters of BC
    Abbotsford Fish and Game Club
    BCWF
    United Bowhunters of BC

i picked up a stamp river at Bormans a couple month's ago ! Really happy with it!

I have 2 checkmate 50lb longbows for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Onesock View Post
    I have 2 checkmate 50lb longbows for sale.
    hmm, send me an email. I might be interested. Lots of young people in my family attending the TBBC rendezvous this month. What have you got?