Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hows your bow season going

Re: Hows your bow season going

Nope, not a MMMmmmmmmm....... I'm a Bowtech guy, have a pro 40 and an Extreme VFT....SPEED KILLS!!hehehe!!! The good thing is that even though the wife has one of them bows from the darkside, she has a new Bowtech coming for 3D and hunting!"grin" You planning on making any forays up to this part of the country for the 3d's this year?? Some really good shoots up this way! Let me know if you're gonna make any shoots up here and I'll have a frosty one waiting for ya to drown your sorrows with!! LOL!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Hi Jack
    Nice to see you found us on HBC. That's a good looking buck. I guess you didn't make it out our way this year. Willyqbc and I had one heck of a good season so far. I have a good couple of good pictures I will try post. I lost your email address when I changed computers. Send me a PM with your email.
    By the way guys, Canuck has a pretty good site himself. You should post a link so the guys here can see you pictures.
    Chris H.
    Live to hunt, hunt to live!!!!!

there is canuck2's site...i have already been there a few times its an awesome site for sure!!!
    hope u dont mind that i posted the link canuck..

http://www.angelfire.com/bc/canuck2/
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Oh dear, a Bowtech. I heard they're so fast, the arrow hits the deer before you even trip the release. Good stuff for sure; I almost went that way too. Guess we need one of each. As for my sorrows, I'm thinking it'll only be my thirst I'll need to drown. Either way, I will welcome the refreshment. I'm not sure if I'll get up that way this coming Spring, though I really want to. Too hard to string enough days off together. However, by the spring of 2006 I figure to be a lot more footloose and have definite plans to make it to a number of more northern shoots, Quesnel in particular.

Say, you went to the Merritt shoot this year, didn't you? Maybe I should plan for that one this spring; that should be within reach.

Chris H, I'm happy to be here. Thanks for the nice advertisement regarding my site. I'll send you a PM right away; dying to see the pictures you have.

3kills, I don't mind you posting it at all. I also have it listed in my profile, although I don't think many people look at the profiles too often. lmao at your signature line.

Hoyt, BowTech what about MAAAttheews. I kind of like the Ovation, It fits into my shooting style (fingers) not that I have tried a Ovation but have but have tried different Mathews before. I can't say I have ever put my hand around a Bow Tech but who knows. Hey guys do you know when the 2day shoot at Merritt is. I went out yesterday, it was a good day for a walk and the squirrals were very busy. That was probaly my last day out for the 2004 hunting season. It was a fun year with alot of good memories and few animals. Good thing the other guys got some meat to share.
    Last edited by Nails; 12-04-2004 at 03:04 PM.
    Todd

This year was a classic example of not putting the time in and not getting the desired results....However, of note should be that I always allowed my partner to throw an arrow while I watched....Thank goodness for next year!!!

But like Nails said, good memories and good friends, more than makes up for it....

As well, I just realized, first year since I have been bowhunting, (5 years) that I didn't even throw an arrow, let alone fill my Tags.....That bites!!!!!!

Craig
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!

Well I've gotten some motivation to start flinging arrows again so hopefully by next fall I'll be practiced up enough to make it up for the annual bow hunt up on Quadra Island.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Marc, you would be a welcome addition to the annual "ELP Buck Off"....and if you haven't seen this year's award winner, the competition is not that tough...Check out Bochunk2000's Trophy taker....Two zits on top of it's melon captured the illustious hardware this year.....

Craig
    It's ok to get excited, just learn to control it.....If you don't get excited, might as well go home!!

Sounds like I am the samw as nails..only hunt with a bow now. Luckily I go out with my son ( willy ) so have 1/2 a moose in the freezer. 1 day left to get something !!!
    Willy got close this afternoon 71 yards but no ethical shot presented itself. MAYBE TOMORROW. see lots of does but the buck has eluded me so far this year.TOMORROW !!
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Oldtimer Good Luck tomorrow, tomorrow is our last day hunting around here also, family commitments will keep me from getting out. Just one more day afield....... RATS..........................
    Todd