Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hows your bow season going

Re: Hows your bow season going

I have 2 blacktail bucks with my bow this year. Both were spikes but both are soooooo tender. mmmmm

We got back from Quadra Is. We had a great time, Bochunck got the only buck. PuppyChow was all lined up on a nice big buck when he headed off following his doe. I had shot at two bucks, two complete misses. QnsCowboy and myself past by the largest buck heading to our hunting area, of coarse it was in a protected area (front yard). Puppy's buck was the only buck that we saw that was with a doe. That was in our last hour of the hunt. It was bad timing this year with the rut being off, last year it was in high gear during the same dates.

There still is that 3 pt. buck I have my sights on, that I can chase around near home.
    Todd

Glad you had a good time Todd

It's good to see some bow hunters who aren't scattered all across the continent, and whose hunting areas I can actually picture in my mind.

I got off to a slow start this year, missing the opener for the first time in living memory. It conflicted with the B.C. Seniors Games (archery, of course). But I got serious once the bucks started looking a little like they wanted the rut to get going.

On Nov 7, I got a 4 pt whitetail. He was 22 yards away broadside and when he looked away from me, I managed to draw on him. Arrow went right through and he trotted off only 45 yards and expired.

As soon as I figure the picture thing here, I'll post one.

Hey Canuck, congrats on your buck. How is you area for bowhunting whitetails. Would it be worth planning a trip there for next year.
    Todd

Well I managed to put an arrow through a bear back in September but it was my buddies bear. Haven't had the bow out for deer yet. Only have 2 arrows left. I know, one is all i need but it is a comfort thing. Need to make some more points but just can't seem to find the time.

=keith=

OK, here's my buck from this season.

Nails, the whitetail population throughout the area, from Rock Creek to Castlegar (and outside those areas too) is decent. Not like it was in the early 90's, but not bad. I've seen a few bucks this year but like I say, I haven't been out big time like I have most years. Every year there is a big influx of archers for the late archery season and they put up camps the size of small cities. They have some success and a great time. Usually there's snow by then and that makes it more interesting as it becomes easier to see the deer - even though that may be from 2 or 300 yards. Bowhunting is definitely a challenge.

Thanks for the info Canuck, What kind of bow are you shooting, it looks pretty nice?
    Todd

Hey Canuck!! Nice to see you've found the best little website on the net, Welcome!!! Good buck you got there, congrats!

PS - Nails, don't tell him his bow is nice.....it's one of those evil bows from the dark side....AKA Hoyt!!!! Oh, and please don't tell my wife I said that cause she shoots one too!!! hehehehe!!!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

*lol* Nails, as Chris said, the bow is a Hoyt - Razortec to be exact. Naturally I really love it and it gets used for both hunting and all manner of target shooting.

Chris, dark side, huh? I suppose you have one of those Mm mm mmmmmm mm m mmmmmm m m.... Dang, it just won't come out. Oh well, at least you got a smart wife.

Oh heck, I'll fess up. I also have an FX and am pretty happy with it too.