Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Floater fix

Re: Floater fix

Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    There he is, I was hoping you would chime in sooner. wasn't attempting to profess my incredible level of fowling knowledge. Just rather how water swatting rookies like me who aren't good shots could fix there cheap dekes when I grow up (Haha cuz that'll happen) I hope to be a real waterfowler that kills 2 drakes with every shell 303
    hey if your talking about Tony it's 2 hens with every shell.

you guys are funny

I would be careful with that foam. It tends to looove slurping up as much water as possible... Cant say I have a better foam in mind other then marine expanding foam... but its expensive and powerful enough that if you added to much you would end up detonating the decoys into a giant ball of foam.
    Or you could stuff a balloon or something into the decoy through a hole strategically placed near the anus and fill THAT with the foam to keep it out of contact with the water thus prolonging the life of the foam as long as you don't poke more holes in it with little steel balls while they are bobbing in these wave things.
    I do think that patching the holes with a crappy blowtorch and milkjug plastic and installing a drain plug of some sort would be a good solution as you could drain them and re-patch... and repeat if they keep springing leaks.

Being allergic to fish... I cant eat fish ducks for the same reason I cant eat shitty cheap chicken... alot of its protean comes from....

Fish.

And as such. I don't shoot ducks inside my friends decoys ( anymore ) or fishducks.

SHould find some old black wood commercial net corks. and toss them out of the boat on a rough day and practice timing blasting them. Same idea people shoot clay pigeons etc. Shooting out of a boat is a skill that gets better with practice.
    Eat your dessert first.

Quote Originally Posted by mattchu_19 View Post
    hey if your talking about Tony it's 2 hens with every shell.
    Awesome Sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

I foam my sea-duck decoys as well, another reason to foam them instead of just patching the holes is the fact that some holes are very hard to see. The best material I have found to patch holes and repair foamers is urethane windshield glue, it is black, flexible and hold very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred H View Post
    I foam my sea-duck decoys as well, another reason to foam them instead of just patching the holes is the fact that some holes are very hard to see. The best material I have found to patch holes and repair foamers is urethane windshield glue, it is black, flexible and hold very well.

I pondered using that as well, but we don't have it at work but I RTV and PRC are plentiful and usually there is some TX'ing for application.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.