Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Floater fix

Re: Floater fix

Quote Originally Posted by nor'wester View Post
    Ha ha sorry for offering my two cents!! I've never shot out of a boat in open water so I don't know what it's like...sure looks like fun though! All my duck hunting experience is out of blinds over ponds shooting dabblers, where if cripples dive they can't go far. You guys sure seem to have it all figured out after hunting out of your "layout" boats in the big "waves" for what? a whopping two or three seasons??!! After all I'm pretty jealous that you have the skill to nail those shitty tasting west coast divers. Have fun blowing holes in your decoys!!

So what you are saying is you don't really have much duck hunting experience? And since you only shoot dabblers you'd be through a box of shells before you would even make contact with one of those "shitty" tasting west coast divers. Again something else you don't know much about. So lets do everyone a favour, and comment on things we have experience with. You have never hunted divers before, there for your opinion on how to hunt them, how to dispatch a crippled diver and how the they taste means nothing.

Thanks for your tips though.

I've been hunting divers for a TAD longer then 2 or 3 years.
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 02-20-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Yup, no experience: only almost 25 years shooting almost exclusively out of layout boats on the "ocean" (where there's "waves"). However, like I said, not for divers. Therefore, obviously none of that experience is applicable to your guy's game and I should not comment, because a forum on the internet is not meant for comments, advice, or other's thoughts. Once again, have fun blowing holes in your decoys, because apparently it's essential to diver success.

Quote Originally Posted by kyleklassen View Post
    looks good...but..why not just drill a hole to drain the water and then plug that hole and any other shot holes with a little dab of high temp sillie??
    Cause then I'll have to do it every year, and since I'm not a very good shot and hit my dekes all the time I figure I'd make them float even if they get hit. I hit one deke pretty bad this year when I shot the one Buffie, and the thing almost sank before I had collected the birds. The idea is that this should be a permanent fix for my seaducking rig. My puddler rigs I don't care as they are never in ore then 3' of water.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Ha ha sorry for offering my two cents!! I've never shot out of a boat in open water so I don't know what it's like...sure looks like fun though! All my duck hunting experience is out of blinds over ponds shooting dabblers, where if cripples dive they can't go far. You guys sure seem to have it all figured out after hunting out of your "layout" boats in the big "waves" for what? a whopping two or three seasons??!! After all I'm pretty jealous that you have the skill to nail those shitty tasting west coast divers. Have fun blowing holes in your decoys!!
    Well you chime in on a thread I started about fixing dekes that have holes in them by basically telling me I should be a better shot than I am and I wouldn't have this problem. I don't have a dog so I paddle after my cripples, and if the bird hits the water and doesn't immediately dive get hits again I would rather mono foam my dekes, than spend an hr paddling and trying to shoot a bird that has had an opportunity to swim. But again what do I know I'm just a rookie that can't shoot.

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Yup, no experience: only almost 25 years shooting almost exclusively out of layout boats on the "ocean" (where there's "waves"). However, like I said, not for divers. Therefore, obviously none of that experience is applicable to your guy's game and I should not comment, because a forum on the internet is not meant for comments, advice, or other's thoughts. Once again, have fun blowing holes in your decoys, because apparently it's essential to diver success.
    Comments that are constructive to the thread are always welcome. However comments like yours are the exact reason people don't post on this forum or have posted significantly less than in the past. Just take a look at how much wasn't posted in teh waterfowl section this year alone. But keep spouting of with your holier than thou crap. You can say whatever you want on the internets some of it might actually be true.

My apologies for my original comments coming across the wrong way. I thought that mentioning that I had in fact shot my own decoys before would "neutralize" my comment and not make it seem arrogant. Apparently it did not, and you two jumped all over it like fat kids on smarties. So you're right, I can see why less people don't comment and I won't be bothering anymore.

My apologies for my original comments coming across the wrong way. I thought that mentioning that I had in fact shot my own decoys before would "neutralize" my comment and not make it seem arrogant. Apparently it did not, and you two jumped all over it like fat kids on smarties. So you're right, I can see why less people don't comment and I won't be bothering anymore.
    Not really, would be different I suppose if I had some kind of rapport with you. Until now I have seen you post more than once consecutively on a thread.

My intent with the OP of the thread was to show what I think will be a permanent fix to my seaduck rig, cuz as you know first hand some people hit the odd deke from time to time. I happen to hit more then the odd deke.

you are the best!

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

You know you Courtenay sissies are becoming just a little bit too thin skinned????? It might come as a shock to you two, but there are other knowledgable waterfowlers around besides yourselves??? I'm starting to wonder about you guys???---Cheers---Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    You know you Courtenay sissies are becoming just a little bit too thin skinned????? It might come as a shock to you two, but there are other knowledgable waterfowlers around besides yourselves??? I'm starting to wonder about you guys???---Cheers---Field Marshal.
    There he is, I was hoping you would chime in sooner. wasn't attempting to profess my incredible level of fowling knowledge. Just rather how water swatting rookies like me who aren't good shots could fix there cheap dekes when I grow up (Haha cuz that'll happen) I hope to be a real waterfowler that kills 2 drakes with every shell 303
    Last edited by 303Brit; 02-21-2014 at 05:41 PM.