Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    Again thanks Kelly, just trying to grow up to be a real waterfowler

Stay away from LP1 and you really shouldn't have too many holes to plug! K

Re: Floater fix

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Stay away from LP1 and you really shouldn't have too many holes to plug! K
    That's funny right there

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by d6dan View Post
    Great idea Kiel. Cheap is good.
    Cheaper fix: let your cripples swim out of your dekes before you sluice em and then you don't have any holes to fix in the first place! Not saying I haven't dinged the odd decoy now and again but still.....

Quote Originally Posted by nor'wester View Post
    Cheaper fix: let your cripples swim out of your dekes before you sluice em and then you don't have any holes to fix in the first place! Not saying I haven't dinged the odd decoy now and again but still.....

Have you ever shot seaducks or divers? if you let every seaduck or diver cripple swim off out of the decoys before shooting you wouldn't have very many in hand. If any of those birds land with there head up you better hurry and put another one in em or you may never see them again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Quote Originally Posted by nor'wester View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Have you ever shot seaducks or divers? if you let every seaduck or diver cripple swim off out of the decoys before shooting you wouldn't have very many in hand. If any of those birds land with there head up you better hurry and put another one in em or you may never see them again.

Along with I shoot my seaducks and divers from a layout rig on the ocean where these things called waves cause dekes to move about and change height. My muzzle is basically 2' above the water so a bird flying to the front of my spread in the waves can and have resulted in dekes in the back possibly being as tall as the lowflyers.

Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

If your shooting divers your going to be hitting the decoys and a crippled dabbler or diver gets shot again as soon as hits the water. Thought about using foam for my leakers but never tried it. Will now, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    Ya yer right, you sure wouldn't wanna lose one of them tasty little morsels now would ya, yum, yum!! K

Quote Originally Posted by f350ps View Post
    Ya yer right, you sure wouldn't wanna lose one of them tasty little morsels now would ya, yum, yum!! K
    more about not wanting to paddle after swimmers especially the diving kind. I only had 3 swimmers this year seaducking as a resultthe dekes took a beating

looks good...but..why not just drill a hole to drain the water and then plug that hole and any other shot holes with a little dab of high temp sillie??
    FULLY AUTOMATIC MANURE FLINGER

Quote Originally Posted by 303Brit View Post
    Along with I shoot my seaducks and divers from a layout rig on the ocean where these things called waves cause dekes to move about and change height. My muzzle is basically 2' above the water so a bird flying to the front of my spread in the waves can and have resulted in dekes in the back possibly being as tall as the lowflyers.

Ha ha sorry for offering my two cents!! I've never shot out of a boat in open water so I don't know what it's like...sure looks like fun though! All my duck hunting experience is out of blinds over ponds shooting dabblers, where if cripples dive they can't go far. You guys sure seem to have it all figured out after hunting out of your "layout" boats in the big "waves" for what? a whopping two or three seasons??!! After all I'm pretty jealous that you have the skill to nail those shitty tasting west coast divers. Have fun blowing holes in your decoys!!