Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what's your scope recommendation?

what's your scope recommendation?

Simple question. Mounting on a 7mm rem mag. Dad wants a new scope. Under $1000. For BC big game. Thanks.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: what's your scope recommendation?

Either the Vortex Viper (4-16x44), Zeiss (3-15x42) Conquest HD5 or the Swaro (3-10x42) Z3.
    Last edited by pescado; 02-17-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Zeiss Conquest series .
    Resident Hunter - Team 45/70 Member #680

Quote Originally Posted by twanger View Post
    Zeiss Conquest series .
    X2 love mine!
    Tell it how it is!!!

For a pure hunting rifle I like a 6x42 Leupold. Most all my big game has been shot at 6X even with the variables. Its a no fuss no muss scope, great field of view and excellent low light performance, and very good for older eyes, especially with the heavy duplex reticle.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by BCBRAD View Post
    For a pure hunting rifle I like a 6x42 Leupold. Most all my big game has been shot at 6X even with the variables. Its a no fuss no muss scope, great field of view and excellent low light performance, and very good for older eyes, especially with the heavy duplex reticle.
    I have to agree. I have been researching a lot of scopes this year and want to get a 4.5-14x40 leupold or the 3.5-18x44 swaro but I keep going back to the fx 6x42. I'm still on the fence weather or not I will get a new scope but I think my preferred hunting scope will always be the 6x42 leupold. the only difference with mine is its the fine duplex, so I can still shoot long ranges at smaller targets. I know with the fixed scope ill never make the mistake of hunting in the timber with the scope cranked and miss out on a critter.

VX-3 4.5-14x40 leupold
    or as others have stated
    Zeiss Conquest
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Tough to beat the leos... 4.5-14 x 40 for the open stuff and 3-9 X40 for the tight stuff. Im putting a Minox thru the trials on my 338. Its doing very well. Think Ill throw it in the river a few more times and bash it against the jet boat this fall and see how it fairs...
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Quote Originally Posted by hunter1993ap View Post
    I have to agree. I have been researching a lot of scopes this year and want to get a 4.5-14x40 leupold or the 3.5-18x44 swaro but I keep going back to the fx 6x42. I'm still on the fence weather or not I will get a new scope but I think my preferred hunting scope will always be the 6x42 leupold. the only difference with mine is its the fine duplex, so I can still shoot long ranges at smaller targets. I know with the fixed scope ill never make the mistake of hunting in the timber with the scope cranked and miss out on a critter.
    The heavy duplex is on a 9.3 Sako, I have a LR reticle 6x42 coming for my 30-06, I think the fine part of the heavy duplex subtends to an 1" at 100yds. I have variables on my target rifles . But for hunting good and simple is better, 6X is good from 300-600yds depending on who is talking, I shot game at 50feet with a 6X as well.
    We can only be kept in the cages we do not see. @

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    VX-3 4.5-14x40 leupold
    This.....

Lorne
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.