Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Clown at the pet lovers show

Clown at the pet lovers show

So my wife and I take our 2 nieces (8 and 6) to the pet lovers show at the Tradex. We are walking down one aisle and I get approached by a guy to sign a petition. What for I ask. His response is"To ban shock collars" Whats wrong with them when properly used I ask. He responds "There is no proper way to use them he responds. Are you for real was my question. Yes they are cruel and should be banned was his response. I asked him if a doctor was found guilty of malpractice should we ban doctors? He had no idea what to say. I told him that people who misuse the collars and injure dogs should be dealt with and that there was no reason to ban them. I had had enough of this clown by now so I told him he had no idea what he was talking about and walked away.

There appears to be groups out to ban everything
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Clown at the pet lovers show

lol, that was funny
    1. Human over population
    2. Government burden and overreach

It seems common sense and critical thinking are skills that are going the way of the dodo bird these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    It seems common sense and critical thinking are skills that are going the way of the dodo bird these days.
    No kidding. Also present was the anti trapping Fur Bearers Association. I ignored them. Perhaps I shouldn't have. there was also a group that wanted us to all become Vegans.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

You should have asked him if he had personally tried one. I use one, and before I tried it on my dog, I experimented with it on myself to determine what setting to start out with. When properly used, they are meant only to get or break the dog's attention, not to punish. Most of these "antis" are driven by emotion, rumour, and non-researched statements made by others.
    Last edited by Big Lew; 02-16-2014 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    You should have asked him if he had personally tried one. I use one, and before I tried it on my dog, I experimented with it on myself to determine what setting to start out with. When properly used, they are meant only to get or break the dog's attention, not to punish. Most of these "antis" are driven my emotion, rumour, and non-researched statements made by others.
    Very good point....I forgot about that. I did the same with mine.

I just dont get some people. So hypothetically someone has a dog that barks waaaay too much and the complaints and fines have been rolling in, would a bark collar be less humane than putting a dog down for no other reason than barking?

Just another example how you cant fix STUPID.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Maybe he should see how excited my dog gets when her e-collar comes out. I can't even feel the range she works at.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn-Redneck View Post
    Maybe he should see how excited my dog gets when her e-collar comes out. I can't even feel the range she works at.
    Yes, my dog gets all excited as well, almost as excited as when I pick up my car keys.