Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck season never ends

Duck season never ends

Met up with most of the group in Dallas. We hit freezing rain there before take off and had to be de-iced!

Arriving into Hermosillo at night sure was pretty. Stepped off the plane to 60-70 degree weather doesnt hurt either.

First light heading to a duck hole we were gonna hunt all morning and after lunch. What a introduction to Mexico duck hunting it was!

Going on this trip there was some birds I wanted to take. Some were firsts for me, others I wanted mounted. Cinnamons, Blue wing teal, redheads, I have never had the chance to take. A prime shoveler is something we do not even get close to back home even in january.

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Duck season never ends

I didnt get the cinnamon that day, but I did get the blue wing and plenty of beauty GWT.

Now this was a first for me! I was like why is my seat so heavy hahaha The outfitter and whole operation was top notch start to finish. I cant picture myself shooting ducks in mexico in 70 degree weather and sitting on a chest of ice! Kept the ducks cool too we wanted to mount.

This was the shoveler pile it was 2 feet high by the time we finished. A ton of green wings in this spot, and a few lucky others.

Great bird boys!

1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

The lodge was amazing, Game from around the world that Frank the owner has taken.

Hands down the best guacamole I have ever had in my life. They had some waiting for us after every morning hunt. And margaritas too!

Second day we did a amazing brant hunt in the morning, and I shot a mexican mallards in the afternoon.

Hunting from mangroves was a very neat hunt. Different then Baja but a super hide, you dissapear against the back group

The airboats were a super cool to see in person, Never been on one and I like em!

Love me some lead 4s!

Couple banded brant taken from our group

Black brant and a couple redheads! What I'm talking about!

Ramseys dog Cooper, was darn plain DONE after two days in mexico. As Ramsey said, she retrieved as many in 2 days in mexico as she did in 1-2 months back home/

Third afternoon

Nice to see so many birds wintering down here. I never thought about where all the redheads and pintails end up from the states. This answered it.

Shoot a few gadwall, but this was a pretty good drake

Last day in Mexico was a brant morning hunt and then an afternoon of prime teal taking.

Hunting the mangroves was super neat to me.

Main reason for the coming to Mexico besides chasing Brant

Sad to leave but the morning we left Hermosillo was a beautiful sunset

And of course came home through Seattle, rained the whole way home.

My only regret of the whole trip. After Pat shot a cinnamon, the next bird in he said shoot it.

I was an honest split second from pulling the trigger when Ramsey beside me fired first. Down it goes.

Would of been my first redhead, a banded one nontheless haha.

Awesome looking trip Adam, shooting in Mexico is something I def want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Farmer View Post
    Yeah but your opinions wrong, so everyone here had to let you know that. Have a nice day.

Wow!!!! I was looking forward to the pics but thought you were Brant hunting like last year.
    Awesome birds and pictures, thanks for sharing!!!
    Buddi doing what she does best!