Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stanfield, underarmor or MilSurp

Re: Stanfield, underarmor or MilSurp

the stanfield for me too.
    in fact, I just took mine off.
    I'm sure others are great too, but the stanfields are superb, last forever, and easily found.

If you get a stanfeild onesie... make sure you practice with the butt flap BEFORE you need it. Nothing like trying to tear a hole in your new stanfeild because Its Coming and you cant get it open fast enough!
    Eat your dessert first.

Thanks for the tip longstone but I decided to play it safe and just go with the shirt. Glad I have layers for underneath because the thing is damn itchy!

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    I got the under armour hoody for Xmas and it's probably the comfiest hoody I've owned, nice and lite barely feels like you're wearing it and it's warm but not too warm, I find the under armour stuff to be a little pricey as far as hats/hoodies go but the comfort factor makes it worth it for me.
    I did too and it is the best piece of clothing I've ever had! Because it's water proof.
    I love my stanfields, could not live without them, but this under armour stuff is great. Not put a stanfield under your under armour hoodie and you are invincible!

One more here for underarmour I have used their stuff for sports for a long time. I have 3 that i use for hunting now. They are warm and seem to have some extra room in the shoulders for movement with underlayers on. Have also used them as a waterfowl jacket on rainy days.

It's super expensive but I would go Marino Wool for sure--it can't be beat. Icebreaker makes great gear but WAY too pricey. MEC has more affordable options.

Quote Originally Posted by TyTy View Post
    http://workboot.com/collections/clot...berg-sweater-3

I have this. It is pretty much TOO warm to hike in, other than on those really cold days. Made in Canada (victoria i think) and is WOOL. I found the price to be good value. bought one for my dad too
    made offshore..

Quote Originally Posted by Fella View Post
    Thanks for the tip longstone but I decided to play it safe and just go with the shirt. Glad I have layers for underneath because the thing is damn itchy!
    yup, i always wear a shirt underneath.

Naaa after wearing them for a few years you build up a good callous and then its like flannel but more waterproof.
    Eat your dessert first.

I made an effort to wear it around the house bare for a few days and now that its broken in it feels like sliding into a cocoon