Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day pack size?

Day pack size?

Looking at day packs, and want to find out how many litres would be enough to pack out an average sized deer/bear plus emergency gear, food, water etc?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Day pack size?

Badlands 2200 will carry a de-boned large BT or 1/2 a large mulie + gear.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

I just got the Eblerstock just one and hope it will be carrying my de-boned BT out this season. Looking at getting the super spike duffle to increase extra gear for camping as well!

What i'm gathering is that 30-40 litres is a good size for a day pack no?

Id get a frame system like the mystery ranch nice with a metcalf or crewcab or the kifaru duplex and timberline 3. This way you have the ability to put on a larger pack for extended trips or put on a load hauler to pack quarters.

Saw the OX by badlands for 150bucks on the used section!! great looking pack!

I use my Kifaru DT1 with a bikini frame. Over 8000 ci, compresses to nothing and weighs less than all the packs mentioned earlier. The DT3 with a bikini frame would be a good choice, 4000 ci and only 4 lbs that could comfortably carry 150 or more but really an extra pound and you can carry anything with the DT1.

Eberlestock Blue widow. which I think they have discontinued. Picked this one because the gun scabbard was IMO useless to my kind of hunting.

I have had 90lbs of animal in it. and it rode very well. it crunches up fairly "small" for stomping around during the day.
    Eat your dessert first.

I use the Karrimor xlite 45 + 10. This is my third year in the field with it and love the pack.
    http://www.karrimor.com/rucsacs/x-li...ter-flame.html

As said, eberlestocks dragonfly or just one are about perfect for this. You can compress them down and then open them up. I have tried 3 other slightly smaller packs but they just don't have enough room to fit a whole boned out deer, plus your regular gear. A bit on the heavy side but that's the price you pay for the versatility.