Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your atv pull behind trailers

Re: Lets see your atv pull behind trailers

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    Starting this build sunday
    Any progress? Or did you overindulged on chocolate?

I got it all cut apart started to weld run out of gas lol
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Any new progress?

Just about ready to sandblast the inside and paint then finish welding
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Here is one that looks like it would be pretty versatile and the price doesn't seem out of wack...

http://woodlandmills.ca/product/t-rex-atv-trailer/

Anyone have any experience with these guys?
    Quote Originally Posted by wetcoastwillie View Post
    In general.... sometimes I may come across as being a prick.... but I'm human.... and cant always express my views as best as I should

Well I almost got the trailer I wanted. Having bought a trailer from Express Trailers in Parksville a few years ago and have been very happy with it so I went back when it was time to get an atv trailer. He showed me pics of a tilting flatdeck style it seemed perfect for hauling materials up to my new trapline cabin and hunting etc. I explained the door on my boat was 48" so I would like at least a couple of inches clearance on either side so I wanted it built 42" wide overall. First the trailer was not ready on time but no big deal, the real problem was when I went to pick it up and it was 48" wide. When I brought it to his attention he said gee it supposed to be 42'". I told him I would take it and see if it would fit but I doubted it. His response was well I hope it fits and he walked away. It turns out I can get it on the boat but it rubs on both sides so I have to do it by hand which means I can only do it empty. After an email to the company president the salesman called and said he would build a new one but I would have to take the ferry and pick it up. After spending $200 on ferries and gas just days earlier I felt my having to pay for the ferry again was paying for someone else's mistake. After 2 days and 3 phone calls he offered to pay part of the ferry but not the full $130 so I finally gave up and hung up. They went from being my favorite trailer company to being someone I will never do business with again. Sorry about the rant, here are some pictures. Jim

Enjoy seeing all the great ideas guys I have a trailer that use and works well, the one time I had a whole moose on it and had to go down a steep hill, well to much weight pushing me out of control brakes on the quad couldn't handle the weight, had to clean out my pants. Anyone tell me how these rigs not do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterguy View Post
    Enjoy seeing all the great ideas guys I have a trailer that use and works well, the one time I had a whole moose on it and had to go down a steep hill, well to much weight pushing me out of control brakes on the quad couldn't handle the weight, had to clean out my pants. Anyone tell me how these rigs not do the same.
    get your bud to hook his winch cable to trailer and follow u down the steep stuff.

it is amazing what hooking two quads together will do...helped cut trail for a guy that insisted he wanted to get his huge bull moose out whole.....I had my doubts but with the lead quad holding the front end down for the second quad pulling the moose it was easy peasy

my buddy just sent me pictures of this one he built based on his sleigh for his sled.