Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lets see your atv pull behind trailers

Re: Lets see your atv pull behind trailers

Clearance and to mount the winch.

I've been asked to post pictures of the walking beam. The walking beam consists of three trailer hubs, one mounted to the trailer as the pivot for the beam and two on the beam for the wheels. They are 2000 Lbs hubs from Princess Auto. These pictures are the one I have to my welder to copy. He felt that it would be stronger to put two braces at 45 degree from the mounting plate to the end of the beam.

Nice TRAILER there STEVE ! Thks For the pics and info ! RJ

Thanks Steve. Now how do i fit my Quad and a trailer into an 8 ft box.Hmmmm
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Quote Originally Posted by Buck View Post
    Thanks Steve. Now how do i fit my Quad and a trailer into an 8 ft box.Hmmmm
    I've never done it, we usually have the two quads in our cargo trailer and the moose trailer in the bed of the truck. But it could probably be done with some creative packing. Even with the plywood on it still can be taken apart with only pins (except for the walking beam off the trailer where you need to take off he lug nuts). We've done that when we used an old camping trailer as our camp. The Argo at the time rode in the bed of the truck and the moose trailer taken apart in the camping trailer. You end up with these basic parts:

Excellent idea i could dismantle and put some parts in my trailer and others in the box.Thanks
    BCWF
    CCFR

“I prefer the saddle to the streetcar and star sprinkled sky to a roof, the obscure and difficult trail, leading into the unknown, to any paved highway, and the deep peace of the wild to the discontent bred by cities…it is enough that I am surrounded by beauty.”
    - Everett Ruess

Thanks BCsteve. A well thought out and executed plan, The pics are self explanatory and make it easy to follow the design and purpose.

I have to build a bigger trailer for this fall and will definitely incorporate some of the features of your trailer.

A question for those that have used both. Do the advantages of a walking beam far out weight the advantages of a single axle? Particularly if the main use is on trails and not heavily loaded?

I'm considering using a single axle with hubs on the tub frame, as BCsteve did, but also make up a tandem wheel frame, again copying BCsteve's design. Then I could switch from single wheel to walking beam just buy unbolting the wheels and bolting on the walking beam. I would need a wheel spacer when going single. but that's not a big problem.
    Last edited by Ambush; 03-25-2016 at 02:01 PM.
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

bcsteve what size of steel did you use for your hitch 2-1/2?
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by leadpillproductions View Post
    bcsteve what size of steel did you use for your hitch 2-1/2?
    2x2, same as the rest of the frame. Just had a closer look at the walking beam it's actually 2x3 main beam with 1x1 diagonal braces.

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

I know this is not what the post is about, but if anyone is interested I am selling my tub trailer, I want $500 firm for it. I have packed a whole moose in it before no problems at all.

[IMG][/IMG]
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."