Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuchodi River last fall (Vid)

Tuchodi River last fall (Vid)

For the people that would like to see a couple clips of Jetboating the Tuchodi River. These were taken around the mouth of Margison Cr.
    I posted these links on another Hunting Site a while ago, so some of you have seen them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJu06LBWbb8
    http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...uchodiClip.flv

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Tuchodi River last fall (Vid)

Thats sweet, How many women can you fit on the boat?? I'll fill you in later!!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

Not sure what it would work out to but, I figure that I could get about a tonne of them in there
    Might have to put a couple out on the nose and carry one on my shoulders

Love those clips Doc! Cant wait to go play up there one day!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

yes, I will be having myself a beauty of a river boat
    If you Live Life with no risks, you risk living life at all!

Hey rock, do you have any elk clips up there or where you after moose, have a buddy that hunts the kechicka all the time, but heard the tuchodi is wicked for elk but a hard river to navigate
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...

browningboyHey rock, do you have any elk clips up there or where you after moose, have a buddy that hunts the kechicka all the time, but heard the tuchodi is wicked for elk but a hard river to navigate
    I just got into the whole video thing, and only got my Sportscam just before that trip in mid/late Sept. I don't have much footage, no Elk clips .
    Most guys, myself included, are looking for Elk or Sheep up the Tuchodi. Moose can be taken just about anywhere. Any of the local rivers, Muskwa, Prophet, Sikanni, have plenty of them, not to mention all the Cutblocks.
    I hear about people that get injured on the Tuchodi every year in little boating mishaps, so Ya, I guess you could say it's a little tricky some times . I practiced for a couple yrs on other rivers, before I attempted the Tuchodi run.
    I enjoy making these little clips, so you might just be seeing more from me in the future.
    I do have a few Elk Pics that I may post later, if I can find them.
    TTYL

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor
    I just got into the whole video thing, and only got my Sportscam just before that trip in mid/late Sept. I don't have much footage, no Elk clips .
    Most guys, myself included, are looking for Elk or Sheep up the Tuchodi. Moose can be taken just about anywhere. Any of the local rivers, Muskwa, Prophet, Sikanni, have plenty of them, not to mention all the Cutblocks.
    I hear about people that get injured on the Tuchodi every year in little boating mishaps, so Ya, I guess you could say it's a little tricky some times . I practiced for a couple yrs on other rivers, before I attempted the Tuchodi run.
    I enjoy making these little clips, so you might just be seeing more from me in the future.
    TTYL
    Thats cool, many have said the cops even have a road block of sorts on the river! When your out there, is there alot of jetboats, and what do you do, find a opening/ meadow on the side of the river then make camp or do you just drive up and down until you see them sort of like road hunting??
    Just a little curious on what people do.
    I guess if you just make camp and call, you're most likely to run into one, must see alot of grizzes as well?

browningboyQuote:
    Originally Posted by Rock Doctor
    TTYL

Thats cool, many have said the cops even have a road block of sorts on the river! When your out there, is there alot of jetboats, and what do you do, find a opening/ meadow on the side of the river then make camp or do you just drive up and down until you see them sort of like road hunting??
    Just a little curious on what people do.
    I guess if you just make camp and call, you're most likely to run into one, must see alot of grizzes as well?

Yes the Cops/CO's have been setting up "Roadblocks" on the rivers, checking for Lifejackets, Boat Registration's, Alchohol, ect. (Just so you know, If you have a bottle of Spirits with the top cracked, or Beer out of its case (in a Cooler), or even a sealed case of beer, with one empty can in the Boat; this is ALL considered open Alchohol and they WILL take it.)
    There can be alot of Boats on the river, depends on where you go and what time of yr it is. (ex. On the Tuchodi/Muskwa in Sept be prepared to see up to 20-30 boats go by camp per day. On the Sikanni/Prophet anytime of the yr you might see 1-2 boats a day, but more likely to see none.
    We usually make camp at the Mouth of the Kluachisi R. and walk from there, or jump in the boat and go to a spot close by, then walk from there. There are plenty of people that will nerver walk any farther from the river than they can shoot, so getting one hill back off the water greatly improves your chances.
    Don't normally see alot of Grizz, but sign is everywhere. The most I have seen is 5 in one day, and that was on a Sheep hunt. Never did see a Sheep on that trip.

Good stuff rock, one day for me but seeing those vids are real cool, thanks.