Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dakota my GSP (and some alberta birds)

Re: Dakota my GSP (and some alberta birds)

Quote Originally Posted by Sasquatch View Post
    Great pics. Looks like your dog had a really productive season. Would love to do a road trip to southern Alberta to chase pheasants.
    Me to but to south BC lmao

That is a good looking dog. I'm partial to pointers myself. But for me it's English pointers. That being said I love watching pointers work.
    doesnt matter what kind of bullet it is, as long as it weighs 180 grains its DEADLY, even on ass shots....Todbartell-2009

Quote Originally Posted by 1/2 slam View Post
    That is a good looking dog. I'm partial to pointers myself. But for me it's English pointers. That being said I love watching pointers work.
    Back home north of edmonton the only bird hunting I did was for grouse in the ditches of logging and oilfield roads. Moved to lethbridge and was invited out to the taber pheasant fest. First time interacting with a hunting dog, My buds weim. It wasnt long before I became addicted (pretty well after the first bird) I had taken a look at 8 day old pups, Dakota had selected me and well the rest is history lol. We have a few destinations I would like to take her to, South BC is one of them. Since I have plans to do a turkey hunt, BC will be this years spot. Next season will be north eastern montana. After that I would like to go to the Dakotas but thatll be a time away lol.

Dakota has quite a bit of experience for her age. Shes been in the bulrushes for pass shooting ducks, shes been on a boat hunting ducks, LOVES sitting in the blind for geese. Shes hunted the open prairies for pheasant, huns and sharpies all the way to the higher mountain elevations chasing blues. She hunts rabbits and shed antlers. Im gonna miss her younger days but when shes about 5 years old shes gonna be one hell of a dog I couldnt imagine hunting birds any other way now!! CANT wait for the season to start. Plus side is were not far off from shed season.

where did you get your GSP? Edmonton?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewh View Post
    where did you get your GSP? Edmonton?
    Nope, It was actually kind of a fluke. Long story short I ended up talking with a guy who had just had a litter. Quick burn out of lethbridge to magrath to check out the pups. Dakota selected me and even though at that time we wernt properly set for a dog any bigger then a cat. She was just to cute not to show the wife, then next thing you know we put a deposit down. I am very happy with the GSP breed, and cant wait till we move and get into a bigger house..... I could use 1 or 2 more lol.

Anyways sorry to get into a story, but a gentleman from magrath. Hes got awesome hunting dogs.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v...63789578548483

I dunno if this will work or not, First time trying to post a video like this. Anyways, This is the hen Dakota was on in the other video

Gsp is a great dog we unfortunatly lost ours at 8 years old this past summer to spleen cancer came out of no where. Your pics bring back some good memories. We will get another dog o e du and when we do it will be a GSP

Quote Originally Posted by rides bike to work View Post
    Gsp is a great dog we unfortunatly lost ours at 8 years old this past summer to spleen cancer came out of no where. Your pics bring back some good memories. We will get another dog o e du and when we do it will be a GSP
    When the wife is done school and we can actually buy a place we will be adding one or 2 more to our pack. These dogs are by far my favorite breed

awesome pics and video, that was a heck of a lot of big fat geese in 1 shoot, good job.
    i dont kill innocent animals...just the ones that look guilty

Quote Originally Posted by wildnfree View Post
    awesome pics and video, that was a heck of a lot of big fat geese in 1 shoot, good job.
    That was our BEST shoot to date lol. This was our second season hunting geese for our group. Its a heck of a fun hunt, and topnotch jerky mmmmmmmmmmm