Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Upgrade arrow rest need suggestions

Re: Upgrade arrow rest need suggestions

QAD HDX is a great rest. I think the majority of problems that you may hear about with QAD is from the cheaper Hunter line
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I shoot a QAD HDX. It's my first rest, so not much to compare to, but I love it.

So many mentions of the rip cord red makes me want to try one as well. Uhm, paydate, where are thou paydate!
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

I notice a lot of poorly tuned bows using whisker biscuts. If set up properly they work well enough. The last thing through the whisker is the fletch, which tugs the arrow straight for a few feet until the paralax takes over again. Usually past the three yard mark is where you will start to see the erratic flight. Most people don't paper tune past 3 ft so a poorly aligned whisker wouldn't show up right away.
    I also don't see people crawling on hands and knees with knocked arrows. In my opinion if thats the only reason to buy a biscuit... eat one instead.. there's better rests out there that are more reliable and dont lie when they are out of tune.
    I use a Limb driver. Easy to set up. Absolutely no arrow contact. Have used the QAD. I had trouble timing mine so I switched to the LD.

It's just like everything else......if properly installed and set up properly, any rest that is applicable to that bow will work just fine. There are a lot of good rests out there but don't base quality on price. The code red is great but if you have a Hoyt, it must be set up slightly different than on a PSE or other name brands. I use a Biscuit on one of my bows and I've killed a lot of vampires with it. I use shorter 2" fletch with 1 degree offset.
    The tournament may not be won by the most mentally prepared, physically fit and technically sound archer, but that's the way to bet the smart money.

Note: If it ain't broke...........keep pissin' with it............it soon will be.

I did go with the WB, did struggle to get it set up. I used the modified french way. Shoots good to 40 yards then at 50 it looses it accuracy, not sure if it is rest or me. I shoot in my basement every other night, it is only 10 yards but very consistent. I think I will always wonder what if.. Think I may get a drop down and see if there is a difference for the way I shoot.

I have a trophy ridge revolution on my bow now. Full containment and drop away. What else does a guy need in life.