View Poll Results: If you were going to buy a new bow in 2014 what brand would you choose? Elaborate on

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • APA

13 46.43%
  • Elite

7 25.00%
  • PSE

7 25.00%
  • G5 Prime

0 0%
  • Martin

0 0%
  • Limbsaver

1 3.57%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

Re: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

Just spent the last 2 days with Nibel at the APA shop and facility in biggar. Wow was I surprised to see what goes into one of their bows. I built 2 bows right from the riser out and watched and helped Kyle assemble many more. So much of the build is done by hand infact all except the machining. Even the limb logos are silk screened on to each limb one at a time, spent this morning doing that with Dave and then I inserted the limb tip stabilizers in each limb one at a time 2 per limb about 70 limbs. Very impressive operation over all and it's very cool to meet the guys that make it happen. Was worth the trip from van isle to reinforce the reason I am APA crazy..... MADE IN CANADA by .... Hey, me.
    Last edited by 000buck; 02-19-2014 at 06:17 PM.
    Some of us are born into greatness, some have it thrust upon them.......I've had to scratch and claw to achieve mediocraty

Citizens own firearms, subjects don't

I shot Hoyt's for years and tried a lot of other brands but never found one that felt any better than what I had. Then I shot a Prime Defy last year and I couldn't believe how well it shot. Bought one and no regrets other than no dealer on The island.

I bought the m34 at christmas and love it. That being said it is only my second bow I've ever had but I got nothing to complain about and the service was great. Went for the test drive and never sent it back.

The M34 is one of the most well rounded bows I've seen

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Hey guys, I'm really figuring on the Mamba Air for my next shooter... does anyone know which shops in BC have a stock of APA bows I could test drive? I will be travelling all over between Vancouver & PG in a couple weeks. I talked to Ted & T&F in PG but he only has one on the shelf and it's an older model.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth View Post
    I shot Hoyt's for years and tried a lot of other brands but never found one that felt any better than what I had. Then I shot a Prime Defy last year and I couldn't believe how well it shot. Bought one and no regrets other than no dealer on The island.
    Tyee Marine in Courtenay and Campbell River deals in prime now.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I just picked up a mamba M34. Looking forward to sending some carbon express down range once my cam modulate come in. Have to say I'm not super impressed they're not here yet. I paid for them on the 22nd! Get to work canada post! I could have walked there in that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

Did you get your cam module yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bear Brawler View Post
    Just lob a couple loaded mouse traps at em like you're playing horse shoes. More humane than bouncing darts off them.

Contact 000Buck to see if he has cams available...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

I cant speak for any of the others in the list as I have never held any models except the Elite 35. I own a bowtec and have loved it, had a Hoyt years ago and loved it as well. Anyone that is competent as a shooter that wants to put the new elite 35 rh 60lb 28" draw in their hands for a test drive. I am not selling it but can let you shoot it. Contact me through pm. Can shoot out to 100 yrds at my place in langley although this setup is only ready to 60 yards.
    As an honest opinion for this model only.. I am extremely happy with it. Very quiet, backwall is solid with zero creep. First 3 shots sounded like there was a funny sound. Found a dampner not tightened up and put an end to that easy enough. Improved my groups over my older bowtec guardian and made me a big fan of a brand I hadnt yet looked at.
    "We solemly promise never to let down on quality, the customer is entitled to a square deal!"
    Markus 'Fred' Leupold