View Poll Results: If you were going to buy a new bow in 2014 what brand would you choose? Elaborate on

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • APA

13 46.43%
  • Elite

7 25.00%
  • PSE

7 25.00%
  • G5 Prime

0 0%
  • Martin

0 0%
  • Limbsaver

1 3.57%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

Re: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

Currently shoot a Strother Sx Rush and absolutely love it. Going to sell it only to go traditional

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

There are so many great bows now. You can't really make a bad decision. I got to handle a few of the APA bows about a year ago. Really nice bows, love the carry handle, built in tools and the lack of a need for a bow press to work on them. That said, they are a bit pricey for me.

I own an Apa Boa. Bought it 2009 because it was canadian and it had the specs for a one cam bow I was looking for. I have put a lot of miles on it and have shot multiples of 3D and practice arrows. Handle shows signs of wear but the bow is still in spec and shoots the same as when I got it through the Chrony. I am on my third set of strings, thats how many arrows its gone through. It chrony's at 297 fps with a 387 grain arrow at 72 lbs. IBO is 328. Let off is 80% so holding 14.4 lbs at full draw.

I bought a PSE Supra ME at 60 lbs to shoot targets with. The bow is excellent except that the hold weight is 15.5 lbs because of the 75% let off. I honestly don't shoot this bow better than my apa. I find the hold weight is quite a bit more and its hard to believe that 1 lb would make that much difference but muscle memory knows the difference. The Supra also chronys at its IBO of 328 fps with my present arrow setup.

The APA is a hunter bow for sure. The PSE is a target bow. Both can be used for either but it's obvious to me after shooting both that they are specific in their use.

I did consider APA for a target bow.. they do make some.. I wish they had the try before you buy when I was in the market.

Any competent bow technician can work on APA bows. If your one of those tinkerer's then APA is simple. Warranty is not an issue with the APA folks.

Oh yeah.. far as price goes.... I paid about the same.

I have a pit viper. Love it! Definitely buy another.

I own a pse omen pro and love it. But u left bowtech off the poll. Im looking at a bowtech carbon overdrive. Light and pretty fast

I have been fighting the urge to get my hands on one of the new Elite Energy bows. They are getting some amazing reviews, and I am on my second Elite now. My wife and son both shoot Hoyt but I love my Elite Pulse.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Elite for me, have not tried a lot of other bows, but the Elite I am shooting is amazing. Looking into either buying the GT500 I am borrowing, a used Answer or waiting for the E35. Decision decision....

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Sitkaspruce View Post
    Elite for me, have not tried a lot of other bows, but the Elite I am shooting is amazing. Looking into either buying the GT500 I am borrowing, a used Answer or waiting for the E35. Decision decision....

Cheers

SS
    With all the hype the E35 is getting I would have to try it out if I were looking at getting a new bow right now.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post
    With all the hype the E35 is getting I would have to try it out if I were looking at getting a new bow right now.
    I would if I could find one to try. No dealers close to where I live, closest is 7 hours away. So I have to go with what others say. But I can get a 13 Answer for $500-$550 and still have some $$$ left over for extras. The best E35 price I can find is in Nova Scotia or in Saskatchewan, but I cannot try before I buy. The GT500 shoots amazing, just need to talk to owner into selling it to me. Will have my own bow soon.......

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!