View Poll Results: If you were going to buy a new bow in 2014 what brand would you choose? Elaborate on

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • APA

13 46.43%
  • Elite

7 25.00%
  • PSE

7 25.00%
  • G5 Prime

0 0%
  • Martin

0 0%
  • Limbsaver

1 3.57%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

Hey archers... what are your thoughts on APA bows? Being that they are made in Canada I'm interested to consider them this year.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: APA Bows - Reviews, Thoughts etc

take a drive out to biggar and check out their shop.
    I did when I spent the year out there before last.
    it's pretty cool.

If I wasnt switching to traditional they would be rop of my list. They have a bow for everyone. Theres a reason why they are next to impossible to find used.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I checked them out prior to purchasing a PSE Dream Season a couple of years ago. They were my first choice, just beating out PSE, but I have dealt with a local archery shop for many years which promotes PSE so decided to go that route. I have no regrets in my decision, but I would look at APA again if I were in the market to buy a new one. It is Canadian, very well made, and keenly competitive with the best bows.

I have an APA Viper. It's been a great bow.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

None of the above. Bowtech for me, seems to be a few big brands missing from the poll

You know I shoot a Bowtech Hermit. "surprised they aren't in your poll". But to be honest, if I were going to buy a new bow this year I'd want to shoot as many different brands/models as possible before making up my mind. Could care less who makes it, I have no brand loyalty when it comes to my outdoor gear. But when it comes to something that requires that personal fit/feel, you know it once you've found it.

Having said all that, I have heard good things about APA and would love to test shoot one.

One thing that comes to mind Hermit specially for you looking at it for business. There are far more shops that carry PSE. Most people want to shoot as many bows as possible. But if there are no local dealers that makes it impossible. If your a PSE dealer like the shop in the following town then it comes down to who has the better price. Plenty of people have heard about APA but few have shot them due to lack of dealers. Yes they have their test drove program but I have a feeling most will still lean to local shops.

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheProvider View Post
    One thing that comes to mind Hermit specially for you looking at it for business. There are far more shops that carry PSE. Most people want to shoot as many bows as possible. But if there are no local dealers that makes it impossible. If your a PSE dealer like the shop in the following town then it comes down to who has the better price. Plenty of people have heard about APA but few have shot them due to lack of dealers. Yes they have their test drove program but I have a feeling most will still lean to local shops.
    I agree. Had there been an APA shop in the Fraser Valley I most likely would have dealt with them if I could find a model that felt right with me.

I still think the west coast archers need to look at strother a lot closer
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr