Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bacon-Cheese-Jalapeno Smokies

Re: Bacon-Cheese-Jalapeno Smokies

Halford's lists in their catalog that high-temperature would be available in Sept 2013. I can't find it on their website.

https://www.halfordsmailorder.com/eS...t/default.aspx
    "If It Doesn't Feed, It's Junk"

^ Thanks.

I need to make another order from them soon, so I might have to call and see what the scoop is on that cheese. Could be a game changer!
    Yup, that coiler is a personal best...

You say Mike to raise temp in smoker to 152 degrees ..and then if you want you can put in hot water till 170 degrees..Why not just smoke till 170 degree internal then remove from smoker? Will that hurt the sausage or dry it out to much?

You could do that but many electric smokers have a tough time getting to that temperature so it could dry it out more than you want. My propane smoker is the opposite. Too easy to heat up and I have a tough time controlling temps below 160F. Also, the water bath is a consistant heat where the smoker can burn the sausage near the element at high temps.

I have 20 lbs going in to the smoker now, fried up some of the tidbits I think this recipe is a keeper thanks for posting........about your 10%...........!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

we tried this recipe recently and it is one of the best we have ever had... Thanx for sharing it.... Mike...

Quote Originally Posted by Rackem View Post
    Yeah my grinder is 2.5 hp --and the auger mushes the cheese up, even if frozen...Maybe if I used the coarse triangle chopper on the last grind it would help...cause the cheese is TOO dispersed, no chance it will burn you.
    Try running it without the knife in it for the stuffing step.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
    we tried this recipe recently and it is one of the best we have ever had... Thanx for sharing it.... Mike...
    Glad to see you enjoyed it. It's quite popular when I serve it up cold sliced on a meat and cheese tray too.

Mike

Bump.... just did another 25lbs, .......great!!!!
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

This sounds like a great recipe, I will have to give it a try real soon.
    I have walked in the footstep's of elephants, heard lions roar and met the Cape buffalo on his own turf - I'm blessed to be born African - And proud to be a Canadian!