I have mentioned these in a few threads and decided to post the recipe. If you like it please send 10% of your batch to me. If you don't like it... please send it all to me.

The original recipe was for a smoked venison polish sausage. It was modified by my father decades ago to produce an excellent garlic sausage. Further modified by myself several years ago as a smokie experiment.

Bacon-Cheese-Jalapeno Smokies
Ingredients for 10 lbs

2 cups water
6 tbsp. salt
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. black pepper
2 tsp. onion powder
5 cloves garlic
2 level tsp. Prague Powder No. 1
8 lbs venison
2 lbs regular pork trimmings
3/4 cup chopped jalapeno peppers
2 cups cubed cheese (frozen prior to stuffing)
1/2 package of bacon (chopped and cooked)

Grind pork and venison then mix all ingredients well. I typically whisk the spices and cure in the water which helps distribute them more when you mix the meat. Stuff into casings. Hang sausage to dry at room temperature for about 45 minutes after stuffing. Place in smokehouse preheated at 120F with dampers open to allow drying for another 45 minutes. Gradually adjust smoker to 160-170F with dampers open. Smoke until internal temperatures reach 152F. The bacon, cheese and peppers can be modified to desired taste. You can substitute jarred hot peppers.

Notes: Immediately place in a cold water bath until internal temperature reaches 110F. Then hang to bloom for a few hours. Some smaller smokers may have a difficult time reaching the desired internal temperature, so you can just place the sausage in hot water (not boiling water) until temperature is reached.