Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Senior Games

Re: Senior Games

hUMMER it means a member of the Senior games society. $15.00 for the year. I think you can do it throught the website Canuck 2 gave you. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

The 'Hummer' Guest

Quote Originally Posted by oldtimer View Post
    hUMMER it means a member of the Senior games society. $15.00 for the year. I think you can do it throught the website Canuck 2 gave you. Mike
    Thanks oldtimer, I'll start digging into getting my butt in gear and getting prepared to get into the games. Thanks again.
    Johnn

The 'Hummer' Guest

Got the 'ball' rolling today, ie; the process of signing up application with the Seniors Society and for the Archery event with the zone 1 rep. Now, practice time.

Well as soon as the 3-D provincials are over and Vanderhoof shoot is done it will be time to start practising on those funny round targets out to 60 meters. That is a LONG way !! Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

The 'Hummer' Guest

Well as soon as the 3-D provincials are over and Vanderhoof shoot is done it will be time to start practising on those funny round targets out to 60 meters. That is a LONG way !! Mike
    Well, it appears I'm set-up for the seniors games. The shoulder 'seems' to be ok so I've been trying to get in some short daily practice.
    Trying to get back in the groove with a back tension release aid appears to be my biggest hurdle at the moment. I had been using a Carter Insatiable and with lots of practice & concentration, 'things' were coming around. When the let off is good, it's 'sweet', but any slight lapse in concentration and the shot turns ugly right quickly.
    I have a Carter 1 Shot and a Scott that work fairly well so, considering the timeframe, I may go with one of them. In the long run, that may be a better course of action for me as that type of release is closer to the trigger control used in handgun & rifle shooting.

Well we are getting closer and the practising is picking up but of more importance DAN & RON & MARK , will you be able to meet me and the missus for a wobbly pop and maybe we could get together for a good seafood dinner. Really looking forward to this shoot. Barb and I will be staying at the Pepper Muffin B&B on Jingle pot Road. Lets get together. Mike

Should be no problem Mike, Looking forward to seeing you again. It was great to see you the provincials.......Ron
    Smith & Wesson Beats Four Aces!

Unfortunately the "games" fall in the middle of the archery only elk season... maybe this is one of the reasons for the low numbers? I will be in Cranbrook looking to "score" up there!!
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

The 'Hummer' Guest

Got a call from Eric Walker of zone 1 and picked up my 'seniors games' package this morning. From some of the posts on this thread, the dates for the games are the 12th - 15th. What is the schedule for archery in those dates?

Unfortunately I will be away for the games. I have to go hunt elk in the conuma valley, bit of a drag but someones got to do it .

Jon noble and rod taylor are putting the games together, including the dinner as far as I know. I'm sure you guys will have a blast, sorry I'm going to miss it.

Marc
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"