Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Senior Games

Re: Senior Games

I have just finished reviewing the results from the last few years and IN TOTAL there have been 12 archers !!! This is unbelievable !! Please please encourage all your senior archers to at least think about it. Looking at the list of names I can tell the caliber of the shooters is very high. I am going to keep on bugging you guys until the final days. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

MrDean wants to go he's pumped !

I'm sure he's a senior. lol lol

Mike, the 2006 games had 12 medal winners, not 12 total participants. Not sure how many shooters there were in all, but still way too few. From all reports, it seems like this year will be much better.

Just to give you guys a heads up on progress on the summer games.

We had our first meeting between the director of the archery section of the games, and those who will be volunteering from our club.

The meeting was very optomistic and everyone left feeling it could be a very good shoot. I have booked the dates needed for the games. Sept 13, 14, and 15. All the rest of our ranges will be closed, so no gunfire to disrupt concentration.

There is camping available at our club. But only hydro hookup, no showers unfortunately.

Right now we are jumping through the hoopes to get funding from the games to build the targets and everything else needed for the shoot. The director didn't seem to think funding would be a problem, which is a good thing.

Anyways thats where we are at right now. With lots of luck and planning it should be a great shoot. Can't wait to see all you guys there.

Marc S.
    Nanaimo archery chair

Ps. I'd like to put together a potluck BBQ one of the nights of the shoot. We'll be supplying some slabs of salmon and maybe even a mess of prawns. Just so the interior boys and girls can get their seafood fix while there down. If there's any questions about how good our BBQ's are, just as oldtimer. We had the pleasure of having Mike and his wife dine with us last year at our summer classic shoot. I've never seen anyone who loves salmon so much.
    Last edited by timberhunter; 03-12-2007 at 09:29 PM.
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

Bow Walker Guest

Work permitting - this ole phart will be there...........with his brother if the age minimum is 50 yrs young.

Marc. I would make the trip just for another one of your clubs BBQ's. Did the 3 platefulls I had give you some idea as to how much I like salmon ?
    on a serious note- Do you know exactly what we will be shooting ? ie , a Canadian 900, what form of field event? and will there be a 3D course ? and if so will it be in the bush or in the field. Maybe Canuck2 can jump in and fill us in on what the last 3 years consisted of.
    Dan start working on getting the time off. Sorry it is 55 and older I believe. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

There will be a 900 round
    A flat course as well at the butts.
    Plus a 3D round.

We're working on getting 20-25 brand new animals for you guys to shoot at. They won't have an arrow hole in them until one of you puts one into them.

Marc
    JB flang is my hero.

Moose guide infamous quote.
    "when you shoot em just right their feathers go puff"

Some more info on the 3D course for the senior games is it will be in the bush but on flat ground. It is almost wheelchair accessible. Hope to see a great turn out. Maybe we can arrange for a late night snack of steemed oysters?

Bow Walker Guest

Thumbs up Re: Senior Games

Yeah, I think it's time us sexy senior citizens (a.k.a. dirt old men) got together for some tea, targets, and tarts.

Not that kind of tart, Mike! We'll get sent to jail - charged with "Assault With A Dead Weapon."

Not that kind of tart, Mike! We'll get sent to jail - charged with "Assault With A Dead Weapon."
    LMBO - can't get away with anything. First thing I thought of when you mentioned tarts, but you already had us (me?) covered.

timberhunter, thanks for the great info. So we're really expected to hit those 3D targets, eh? Will they be marked or unmarked distances?

Awishanew, if there's oysters there I'm coming even if I can't shoot. You know, they are a good aphrodisiac. I had a dozen one night, but only 11 worked.