Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kelowna Bow Tuning?

Re: Kelowna Bow Tuning?

Quote Originally Posted by 604redneck View Post
    Hooray for him did the op say he is getting his Mathews tuned? I've spent my fair share of time and money at hardcore and I just stated Donny as another option and that I personally will not go back there. Same reason I will never buy vortex again bad customer service. The best bow tuner in the world can still be a clown
    Would appreciate a recommendation for a Mathews bow tune in the Kelowna area?

Can you not read simple English?

Quote Originally Posted by knockturnal View Post
    Would appreciate a recommendation for a Mathews bow tune in the Kelowna area?

Can you not read simple English?
    nope only french and american
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

I thought the op was asking if we were looking for a recommendation with the question mark at the end.
    But lets not get into spelling and grammar i originally posted another option for him, that is all.
    Besides him having gone to the mathews bow tuning course does not mean he knows any more than the next person. I know alot of people that passed there c.o.r.e and pal and still know **** all about hunting and firearm safety, I also know people that passed there drivers test and cant drive.
    so I only read the title of the thread, should have read the post as well.
    Go try either one of the 2 people that have been mentioned either way good luck
    Originally Posted by olympia
    if your worried bout ticks than you aint never been bit by a snake while pissing...try gettin your hunting partner to suck the poison out

PM sent. Give me a try

Dave At Backcountry Archery has moved to Penticton, he has lanes and plenty of know how. I find him to be very good to work with and haven't heard a bad thing from anyone who has had dealings with him.

Good to hear Daves back up and running. If i didnt tune my own bows Dave would be doing mine for me

To the OP, either of the places that have the equipment to do so would be "good" as long as you spend your time to educate yourself what a tuning means and how to double check what your dealer did then their tune will be "better" or "the best".

I have no doubts that Ken has the knowledge, you go into that place and you see in everything that is being offered for sale or how busy he is and always on the run one pretty much can see that a lot of things go through his hands. That being said will not guarantee the best tune or the best service, and this is where he earns my solid -1 customer service experience.

I was on my way back home to BC from BC and a brand spanking new "fresh out of the box" archery enthusiast. I had bought my used '09 PSE before leaving Montreal and on my way over - drove across Canada - I stopped at every single archery store I could find. Ken's was one my stops and although hurriedly, he took the time to try to sell me on a Viper 2011 model with a 2012 price tag. What I didn't know in bows at the time I certainly made up for it in enthusiasm, and upon hearing that APA is a Canadian business I quickly put a deposit of 200$ on the Viper. Upon arriving home to Vancouver and after further research I called him and asked him if the Viper was 2011, he admitted to being so, and since I didn't know much about bows I proposed to just get a King Cobra '12 editional blackout. He had measured me at 28" draw the day I was in the store, emphasis on the hurriedly, and of course, he's not to be blamed, I have seen since then my share on "rushed" people that don't know what they're buying, but here's where the story gets interesting. I've started devouring any article I could find and educating myself as much as I could on any and every aspect of the hobby. I've also lucked out in finding an amazing dealer in town here (Boorman Archery) and they took their time on and again measuring, giving me free advice and schooling me on everything that I brought to their attention. My draw length turned out to be 30" and practicing the 65# turned out to be super easy for me and was tempted more and more to get a "heavier" bow.

At this point there had been months that passed by and after a few attempts and messages to get in touch with Ken (as I had changed my mind) I got the "schooling" of my life. I got to talk to him and not wanting to have him lose the business (did not ask for a second to have the money reimbursed) I asked him -since I've learned more and more about me and the setup that is required for me and all- to give me either arrows or a good release. He started laughing, telling me I am out of my 3 months for getting any money back and that all he can give me is a whisker biscuit. I told him I couldn't believe that's what he's saying at which point he replied "Well let me tell you how I lost 20k in my business!"

Keep your money sir, it was a lesson well paid for and definitely worst customer service I've ever experienced. Might be my fault, who knows, but I disagree. The level of involvement and teaching I got from the team at Boorman Archery far surpasses any of my expectations: no wonder they got my business on (new Matrix December '13, new Carbon Spyder Turbo, new Surelocs Leathal Weapon one slider one 5 pin retina lock, countless odds and ends).

For a small city he probably is a good place to stop and start. I would definitely stay on learning and checking and double checking myself if I were to go there ever again. I'm sure a lot of you guys probably had and continue having wonderful service and experiences with them, I for one hope I won't need to reach out to him for a long time.

nope only french and american
    Vraiment?

I thought the op was asking if we were looking for a recommendation with the question mark at the end.
    But lets not get into spelling and grammar i originally posted another option for him, that is all.
    Besides him having gone to the mathews bow tuning course does not mean he knows any more than the next person. I know alot of people that passed there c.o.r.e and pal and still know **** all about hunting and firearm safety, I also know people that passed there drivers test and cant drive.
    so I only read the title of the thread, should have read the post as well.
    Go try either one of the 2 people that have been mentioned either way good luck
    Your inbox is full
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand

The OP has asked me to tune it for him. A mod should close this thread.

There is horror stories with every archery store. I have a great relationship with Ken and I can fully understand how he may rub some people the wrong way, but I can tell you he devotes a ton of his own personal time to grow this sport because he loves it dearly. That is why I like dealing with him more then anything. He is truly passionate about this sport and loves to teach it.

Donny is another awesome bow tuner. He has done many bows for me and they have shot awesome.

Good luck to you OP, and if you have any questions feel free to send me a PM.
    Success = Marry the right person, this single decision will determine 90% of your happiness or misery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonas111 View Post
    There is horror stories with every archery store. I have a great relationship with Ken and I can fully understand how he may rub some people the wrong way, but I can tell you he devotes a ton of his own personal time to grow this sport because he loves it dearly. That is why I like dealing with him more then anything. He is truly passionate about this sport and loves to teach it.
    I think I did mention that my experience was not the norm and that there most likely are guys out there that will swear and stand by him and his service. I have nothing against that, it was just something for the OP to consider as the other guy on this thread with a negative experience was being bashed a little for it.

Anyone who opens a business should by definition be beyond involved into everything that business entails, but at the same time that person's customer service delivery is that much more commendable when it generates return business, right? Return customers is what business growth is generally based on and what will lead to higher profits. Take my client yesterday that's not even with us anymore and she needed 3 different years worth of reports for a government audit. I should have charged her at least 300$ for all that but you know what I did, I offered them to her for free because they were urgent and I want her business again, maybe during this year, maybe the next, but now my name, email and experience will stick with her for a while and I might capitalize on it.

Bottom line is I was inexperienced, as I've educated myself I saw the flaws in what he was offering me (too short of a draw length etc) but I didn't want him to loose my business so I asked for something else instead. I was laughed at and discarded and well, went and spent my money elsewhere. From my point of view, which I agree it is as subjective as it comes, it would take some effort on his end to ever consider giving him my business.
    Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it.

Ayn Rand