Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Set

New Set

My Cabelas order just arrived including a dozen Flambeau Classic Mallards (drakes and hens) and 6 of the most beautiful FA Cntrl-Pacific Flyway Combo Pac - Wow they are really nice looking - Hope they hold up. Good sale...
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

2. Site Sponsor

Re: New Set

I would look at clear coating them. They will peel within a few hunts otherwise. Ours did.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

fully flock them is the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    I would look at clear coating them. They will peel within a few hunts otherwise. Ours did.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnbrock View Post
    fully flock them is the answer.
    You gotta watch if you clear coat they will shine like crazy in the sun if you don't use something anti UV. Flocking doesn't work real well on floaters as it will get really wet and rub off when you throw them in the bag. Personlay I have a couple of doz of Flambeaus in my collection and they get used probably more than most peoples in a season and I have not seen any more wear and tear on them than most of my others. They will do fine for you. Welcome to the insanity that's waterfowling, maybe we will share a blind sometime next year
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Did you get mojos and remotes?
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    Unions and beacon is what I fry the liver in with a coating of flower on the liver ,,I eat the tong,,the hart,, its very good eating......

I found out my old floaters are brown underneath the paint now I just have a "hen" set

Waiting to find a good sale on the MoJo. How many MoJo's re you guys using? There seems to be a few other manufactures out there (LuckDuck) and wondering if there is any big downside to them or just stick with the MoJo which seems to be the industry standard?
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

We have 8 mojos and a couple of Lucky Ducks, though seldom use more than 2 or 3 at a time. We find that on some ocassions they are magnets and on others will act like duck repelant. Personally I prefer the MoJos, that being said get the ones with the rechargable 6 volt battries not the ones that take AAs
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Have a mojo and ,a "partner" of mine has three.They are ok but have had issues second set of wings for me and PN has had some problems as well I can tell by the swearing.I also have a robo duck that is 13 years old, still works, lighter ,no remote,does not like wind as the motor is weaker but can carry it out in a tackle box when i'm alone ,my experiences ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Have a mojo and ,a "partner" of mine has three.They are ok but have had issues second set of wings for me and PN has had some problems as well I can tell by the swearing.I also have a robo duck that is 13 years old, still works, lighter ,no remote,does not like wind as the motor is weaker but can carry it out in a tackle box when i'm alone ,my experiences ...

I still remember 13 years ago the first time we put that Robo Duck out........ still puts a smile on my face
    Pull the trigger all the way back.