Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scope canting bubble?

Re: Scope canting bubble?

never seen one, and how would you know the threads on your turret are square to your reticle?
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I use a small 2 inch level then when it is where reads level I take the gun bring it up to my shoulder and look at the door frame or window frame for reference, if it runs parallel to the frame , good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by huntingfamily View Post
    Then I guess they shouldn't be shooting deer at 1000 yds. If they do it's possible there have been ass and whatever hits?
    Jeez, all's they ever show on TV is the One Shot, One Kill long range shots!!! The tape of the shot's they totally screw up on go to the same place as the front and rear quarters, in the Garbage!!!

I picked up a Wheeler anti-cant indicator at a gunshow earlier this month. I think the fellow had a few of them. I wanted to try it on one of my target rifles. Hope to head to Alberta early summer and get in on some of the long range shooting. My son is there and him and a partner build the long range rifles so I already know not to bother shooting against him. He should be good for some advise. Can't see using it on any of my hunting rifles except for coyotes maybe. There are too many other mental checks when hunting. Just practise, practise, practise............

It says they are built for leupolds
    Quote Originally Posted by todbartell View Post
    never seen one, and how would you know the threads on your turret are square to your reticle?
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

Heres what i use, not sure what rings you use or plan on using.

Quote Originally Posted by .330 Dakota View Post
    2 inch line level from Home Hardware...3 bucks,,,buy 2 and you have the level level level
    BINGO, give the man a cigar! I use them for scope mounting I cut a couple of strips off a fridge magnet and glued them to mine.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.