Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mule Deer Fact Sheets: BCWF Wildlife Committee webpage

Re: Mule Deer Fact Sheets: BCWF Wildlife Committee webpage

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    Yeah, it's a shame and we've been griping about it for over 30 years that I know of but it seems that it will not change in the forseeable future. Most other jusrisdictions seem to recognize the economic benefits of hunting and fishing, but not so much here.
    That's politics for ya.
    I don't think 'we've' ever been organized enough to push through that glass ceiling. It needs to be THE focus.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by GoatGuy View Post
    I don't think 'we've' ever been organized enough to push through that glass ceiling. It needs to be THE focus.
    I thought that was the purpose of the BCWF .
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

Quote Originally Posted by Brez View Post
    I thought that was the purpose of the BCWF .
    Purpose and focus: two very different things.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey Rafiki View Post
    Great information on there; the science and research is solid. It's too bad that misinformation and knee jerk reactions are still what prevails.

I would love to see some of this stuff published in the hunting regulations. It seems like that would be a great way to reach more of the hunting population and focus energy on some real solutions.
    Exactly! Knowledge is the key. I know quite a few people that would be happy just to be able to pop a mule doe - we have been taking advantage of the white tail doe seasons here in region 8 and quite a few are pretty happy with being able to take one!
    I m all for whatever keeps a healthy critter population of any kind!
    "Pimpin' aint easy"

Increasing funds for wildlife management in B.C. is certainly one of BCWF's main focuses - we have been in the ear of government for years on this issue. Returning all license fees from hunting and angling to the management of the resources remains one of the most common issues that we bring up in meetings with government.

Quote Originally Posted by BCWF View Post
    Increasing funds for wildlife management in B.C. is certainly one of BCWF's main focuses - we have been in the ear of government for years on this issue. Returning all license fees from hunting and angling to the management of the resources remains one of the most common issues that we bring up in meetings with government.
    Yes, I've heard. So what is needed to be listened to and get it done?
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

When comparing funding between bc and Washington remember they have about twice the population in less than half the area. That means a larger tax base to manage way smaller public land base.

Ultimately, the solution in bc will be some form of dedicated fees for wildlife. The current proposal is for all fishing fees to go to freshwater fisheries society. We need to have all hunting fees go to wildlife management via HCTF or similar mechanism. I would support a few bucks more per tag if it went directly to management.