Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Best hunting books

Re: Best hunting books

not sure if this book was mentioned

I have read this book many times and would highly recommend to anyone looking at the 'spirituality' of why we hunt

it is a compilation of short stories

a hunter's heart - David Peterson

here is a far better overview than I could provide

"As a hunter I've always marveled at how joy and sadness can dwell in the same moment, that moment when you reach out - with gun or bow or spear - and take the life of a wild creature. But there are many hunters who don't notice or care, and who treat this most awesome and mysterious thing as a sport like golf or car racing. The best part of "A Hunter's Heart" was spending time, so to speak, with others who see more and deeper things in hunting, and who can express it more vividly and truthfully than I have been able to. Each story is beautiful and eloquent and impactful in its own way"

ps. this is not a call on other's idea of hunting...........live and let live (no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by frenchbar View Post
    'Road Hunting for dummies 'by fisherdude n jeff
    Sold out ?

They were lined up for blocks in surrey for the book signing.facking road hunting superstars !fisherdude can't walk around guilford center without getting mobbed by Camo wearing lower mainlanders
    Last edited by frenchbar; 01-15-2015 at 12:16 AM.
    Midnight toker